HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   update on my swap (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/update-my-swap-16989/)

jwsimons 02-13-2006 07:43 PM

update on my swap

i was taking a shortcut, that i have now decided is just a bad idea and counterproductive. i installed my new cams but did not do the valvetrain, even though i had the parts already. so i dismanteled the engine again,and in taking my head and valve components to a machine shop, after all, what good is having stage two cams if all the power just blows past the underrated stock valves?
so heres a pic of the head, all nice and shiney. basically thats all the parts, hondata i.m. gasket, thin head gasket, ken crane stage two racing cam, sk2 racing high comp valves, spring set, and titanium retainer set

[IMG]local://upfiles/1438/93274707CD7A42AEA68B4B399F19C832.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1438/EAE91058C63D43C98471BC4940700E8B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1438/F188E762FEF847AFBC57CA19B1A20827.jpg[/IMG]

BallardCivic 02-13-2006 08:38 PM

RE: update on my swap

Cute. I envy you. Sounds like a good build that youve got going.

jwsimons 02-13-2006 11:20 PM

cute? wtf? you mean the way its all laid out like a commercial? weve had some people on this site trhat are in question if they even had a car, let alone any mods that they constantly boasted... well i try to only speak from experience, and although i get a little keyboard happy at times, i try to keep it to what i know..

BallardCivic 02-14-2006 05:56 AM

What are you trying to say dude?

The cute part was referring to how it was laid out, its a joke.

jwsimons 02-15-2006 11:59 PM

itsallgoood! i see why you may have thought i might possibly hqave been refering to you, def not the case, i know your ride was jacked and i would never dig that way. i dont kick a brother when hes down.... this is one example of how important and often other functions of communication are overlooked, body language, inflection, tone. etc.. if you coulkd have seen me writing you would have seen me laughing, the fact that you thought it was cute was nopt exactly the effect i wanted.. but was only saying why i bothered at all with the pic.. and if i could have i would even have been in it myself, lol.

jwsimons 02-16-2006 07:25 PM

hey ballard, i have responded to you with no reply's, here and pm. i publicly apologize for the misunderstanding, and everything on my end is definately cool.

ORIGINAL: BallardCivic

What are you trying to say dude?

The cute part was referring to how it was laid out, its a joke.

jwsimons 02-19-2006 04:26 AM

anyone seen ballard? inform him of the 7 second delay (too late) that i was referring to... i dont kick a guy who had his car stolen, and i feel bad that he ever thought that i would.

jwsimons 02-19-2006 04:28 AM

is there an hcf missing persons section? we need to look into it! lol