HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Want to change from AT to MT (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/want-change-mt-55279/)

jpnolan 11-07-2007 04:42 PM

Want to change from AT to MT

Hey guys the 03civic lx hates the automatic transmission. I want a stick so if i want to get a stick and if i could find a d17a1 manual transmission would i be able to just "slap" it on
besides
ecu
pedal assembly
gear shifter spot in the center counsel
please let me know what else i need
would i be better off getting one of the standalone ecus that are like 1k? because i know d17a1 ecus cant be chipped
thanks john

Cyphen 11-07-2007 08:10 PM

RE: Want to change from AT to MT

You need to replace the tranny,add a fly wheel clutch, drill and cut for clutch pedal and then you need to cut to put the shifter in and then you need shiftlinkage alot of stuff its not just "slap it in" your better off buying a new car its not likea MT it will never feal the same as if it was build manualy the pedal doesnt go down right, and its just a mess just buy a new car

Robertico504 11-08-2007 11:35 AM

sell it and buy a new car...trust me when i say its a pain in the ass and alot of money

reaper2022 11-08-2007 01:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Cyphen
your better off buying a new car its not likea MT it will never feal the same as if it was build manualy the pedal doesnt go down right, and its just a mess just buy a new car
really? because I've heard from several people who have swapped their transmissions that if you swap the transmissions correctly, it functions perfectly fine.

Robertico504 11-08-2007 03:00 PM

very, very true but the key word here is correctly if he's a do it your selfer and knows what hes doing **** more power to him you know but is it worth it in my eyes NO...its a 03 he could get a good 7 grand for it...fuc* it sell it and get a 99-00 si...the tranny swap isn't gonna run no less then 2grand done correctly by someone who knows what they are doing

Civic Dx 349 11-08-2007 03:03 PM

If its done right, it will work just as well as if it came stock with a manual. Do a search, Theres a DIY on here for it.

jpnolan 11-08-2007 03:12 PM

i cant seem to find the DIY on here for it if anyone knows where this is lemme know?

reaper2022 11-08-2007 03:47 PM

it won't be exactly the same as it, but here's the diy civic dx was talking about: click me!

Everyday Getaway 11-08-2007 06:05 PM

Sell it and buy an EX with manual trans. And if you're looking for something with a lot more options as far as performance, get an older civic 92-00.