HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   watered integ (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/watered-integ-30976/)

POLYTHING 10-17-2006 09:52 PM

watered integ

my buddy's type R integra sucked in some water. lmao @ the CAI intake he got. anyways...what is the deal now? the car turned off as soon as he passed the water. how much does it cost to clean out the eng. and any damages?

Houston rained like crazy and a chick was literally drown under an underpass...feel sorrry for her man.

ef4life 10-17-2006 09:55 PM

RE: watered integ

he hydro locked it. tell him to remove all the spark plugs and crank it over a few times with the starter, not much tho, you could do a lot of damage. if it wasn't bad the car could be fine still, otherwise the motor is screwed.

drbyers 10-17-2006 10:01 PM

DO NOT TRY TO START THE CAR.

take out the plugs like the above mentioned but you got to let the car's engine dry out for a few days, and even then the engine block may still have water in it.

you may have to change the oil several times, take off the intake manifold, or even take off the cam cover and see the water damage first hand.

water is in there, you just have to get it out. and it's a pain in the ass.

ef4life 10-17-2006 10:05 PM

ORIGINAL: drbyers

DO NOT TRY TO START THE CAR.

take out the plugs like the above mentioned but you got to let the car's engine dry out for a few days, and even then the engine block may still have water in it.

you may have to change the oil several times, take off the intake manifold, or even take off the cam cover and see the water damage first hand.

water is in there, you just have to get it out. and it's a pain in the ass.
cranking the car over with the plugs out would force the water out through the spark plus holes not really damaging the engine anymore than is already done, seen it done on my friends jeep when he hydro locked out in the trails in a mud pit. never heard so many f bombs before. anyway his engine ended up being ok and he drove it until he rolled it 2 weeks ago.

mxs 10-17-2006 10:35 PM

dude, we've been over this before, it isn't a type-R!

x2100 10-19-2006 07:58 PM

Yup, not a good idea to have a CAI in Houston.
I've learned my lesson the hard way. Same thing.. the engine went out right after I went over the puddle of water. So now I have a Y8 in my car, but with the money spend on that engine and labor I could've gotten a turbo kit.
It would suck if it was a Type R engine that got blown by hydrolocking.
Hope nothing major happened to his car

mxs 10-19-2006 07:59 PM

ORIGINAL: x2100

It would suck if it was a Type R engine that got blown by hydrolocking.
it's a LS with a type-R sticker. don't worry.

drbyers 10-19-2006 10:28 PM

:D:D:D

sacicons 10-20-2006 12:05 AM

lmao @ the CAI intake he got
nice. youre buddy just blew up his motor and youre laughing at him. Ive seen very few (none personally) hydrolocked motors survive. usually it blows the whole internals to bits. not even rebuildable.

mxs 10-20-2006 12:13 AM

so it's been 2 days, has he figured it out?

(it's not a type-R)