HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   What should I put in my 91 civic hatch? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/what-should-i-put-my-91-civic-hatch-70679/)

91camaroRS 10-15-2008 07:37 AM

What should I put in my 91 civic hatch?

Im thinking about getting rid of my camaro. I was gonna get a notch mustang but I can only find a nice one for around 6 grand. Anyway, I was thinking about gettin a 91 civic hatch and buying a motor straight from japan. I have a friend with a 10 sec 91 eclipse with a the 4g63 motor boosted, I was tinking about following him and finding a decent jap motor, putting in a storker kit and boosting it.
Can anyone please just tell me what would be a good motor to put in a 88-91 civic hatch? how much HP does the stock tranny and front end hold? And what would be a good turbo that I could get aroiund 500 hp with? Idk too much about jap cars so SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!

Dont just look at this thread and turn the other way. Say something bitches! :D I dont want to have to find another forum!!!!;)

BX_Civic 10-15-2008 07:59 AM

500 hp is alot for a 4 banger but im sure it can be done if your wallet is deep enough.

I think for anyone to give you a good idea of what to get you need to atleast give us some sort of a budget to work with.

I know for sure a nice b series motor will work wonders but if you got the deep pockets a k series will be better but more money.

Tell us what you want to spend and some of the more experienced members will ba able to lead you the right way..

bcivic 10-15-2008 10:09 AM

If you want a very fast car to break into the tens I would suggest the b16a hands down enough horsepower and not enough low end torque to break traction as much off the line. You will need one with lsd after that you need to get forged pistions and rods a turbo and all the rest of a kit. Then you need to tune it, you will need slickss traction bars and a tuned suspension to get you launching right. It will cost alot of money to get a car that fast. but to get a quick daily driver you could just build a d series with a turbo kit. All depends on your budget.

91camaroRS 10-17-2008 07:29 AM

Right now I have about 4 grand saved plus my car.

So how can my friend only put a couple grand into his 91 eclipse and make it run 11s easy all day long?
Hes got the 4g63 motor -1,200
Stroker kit- 800
and a ****y turbo kit-600
????:confused:

bcivic 10-17-2008 09:47 AM

turbo kit? that motor already has a turbo all he might do is upgrade the turbo and intercooler, we dont already have a turbo so we need alot more parts. either way you are trying to compare to completely different motors and times 10 seconds is very different from 11 seconds as well. Dont know how your friend got that stuff so cheap but either way its up to you how fast you want the car to go. Its not like you need much more than you mentioned he has anyway just a b16a and not a stroker kit instead just pistons and rods then a turbo kit that will cost much more than $600 though

AaaronF 10-17-2008 02:20 PM

ya man, there is no way your going to spend $600 on a turbo kit. just not going to happen. Now are you doing all the labour yourself? because if your not, that's going to be another big expense as well. Im not sure 4g's will get you to 500hp.

Dreezy 10-17-2008 09:42 PM

+1^
Dont rush it man. Take your time and make it reliable.(not to be confused with slow) Lets say your bud actually has a 10 sec car. The way it sounds, it wont be a long lived one.