HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   WHOS GOT A SKUNK2 INTAKE MANI!?!?!? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/whos-got-skunk2-intake-mani-18739/)

Pete 03-17-2006 08:33 PM

WHOS GOT A SKUNK2 INTAKE MANI!?!?!?

Okay, so my SKUNK2 intake mani is on, but sometimes it makes a noise like its rubbing against something.....I checked EVERYTHING but its all good.....EXCEPT! the PCV valve is sorta pinched at the other end (not the end on the manifold).........So would this be causing the noise? When does the valve actually vent? Anyone?

AgentofDarkness 03-17-2006 08:35 PM

RE: COULD IT BE?

The PCV valve vents blowby gasses into the intake manifold from the crankcase to be burned in the engine. PCV is short for Positive Crankcase Ventilation

Pete 03-17-2006 08:45 PM

WHOS GOT A SKUNK2 INTAKE MANI?????

Yea, I know what it means, I just wonder if it could be whats making noise........SKUNK2 isnt exactly the smartest company, as they moved the PCV from the right side of the IM to the Left side, and the hose has kinda "settled" into the shape over the years.....I guess ill get a new hose and see if it works? Does anyone else with a SKUNK2 intake manifold have some weird noises going on?

97civicturbo 03-17-2006 09:37 PM

RE: WHOS GOT A SKUNK2 INTAKE MANI?????

I'll let you know in a couple weeks.

AgentofDarkness 03-17-2006 10:15 PM

I thought it was kind of wierd that you were askin wat the PCV did. But anyway, i don't think its the PCV unless of course the hose to PCV is rubbing on something. The PCV will make a rattling sound if you shake it but isn't that loud so you wouldn't be able to hear it in the cabin.

sacicons 03-17-2006 10:16 PM

I get some weird whistles at certain rpms and throttle positions, but nothing serious, or even really noticeable if you didnt know.

Pete 03-17-2006 10:16 PM

Right, but dude ever since I put this intake manifold on its been making some WEIRD noise.....almost like a grinding, but it doesnt happen constantly.

fast93civic 03-18-2006 12:12 AM

I havent heard anything weird sounding coming from mine. And you say grinding noise, are you even sure its the intake. Perhaps your catback got a little lose. Or something else, while you installed the mani.

importcivicus 03-18-2006 02:11 AM

dont have a clue I wouldnt be able to hear my mani as loud as my car gets. As a mater of fact i barlly can hear right now as I tye this. Waiting on a new fart can then maybe I will be able to hear some what better.

riceburner700 03-19-2006 11:07 PM

do you think you could have a crack in the runners of the intake manifold or something that is leaking?