HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   EP Swaps (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ep-swaps-38/)
-   -   crazy idea--> S2000 INTO 05 4dr Civic (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/ep-swaps-38/crazy-idea-s2000-into-05-4dr-civic-30384/)

silver_6r 10-08-2006 02:14 AM

crazy idea--> S2000 INTO 05 4dr Civic

ok..enough BS already

i am getting substantial $$$ in the next 7mths....

i was thinking of getting a new car.... with tons of HP..blah blah blah...

but how about i take my 2005 4dr and squeeze in a TURBO 2006 S2000 engine!! and make it OBVIOUSLY A rear wheel drive.... LEXUS and INFINITI KILLER!! ~420Hp (300whp)

get some Brembo brakes and upgrade to 4 wheel disc, complete suspension upgrdades etc etc...

i was looking and i can get the complete drive train....all the electronics.... dash etc...for probably under $6000us, and then probably another $5000cdn for the modifications and installations. and some more for tuning...

NOW THAT would be KICK ASS...HAS ANYONE EVER DONE THIS?

any info or where to start looking for pricing etc.... MUCHO appreciated

Remmy 10-08-2006 12:20 PM

RE: crazy idea--> S2000 INTO 05 4dr Civic

Its been done. You are more of the lines talking about an M3 killer. Im going to let you know right now, its going to run you at the very least $20,000 to do that.

If I were you, id look into a Dart K20a and running 25psi of boost. Now that will be nasty.

silver_6r 10-08-2006 04:43 PM

this is the thing....

if i buy out my civic i will be paying ~$17000 cdn ($15k us) i was thinking of putting another $15-$20k into this project.

WHY the F**K you may ask....well, i have been riding motorcycles from some time now, so far i have owned bikes with less than 100hp to over 170hp. i have been hit by cars twice in the last 4 years.... none my fault, both unavoidable ( trust me i tried...and saved my life twice)

so my family and GF rather i not buy a bike.... so the $15k i had set aside for the bike can now be put into may "crazy idea"

i have always wanted to do this (RWD CIVIC) and if im gonna have the cash WHY NOT? i will have to buy another civic as a daily driver for me and the GF until i get my civic back... so time wont be a HUGE problem.

well...i will start planning the cost and a parts list.... and if everything goes well start this project before summer.... i figure it will be atleast 1-2mths of work AFTER i get all the parts.

ef4life 10-08-2006 04:45 PM

my personal opinion would be don't waste your 15k on building a civic when you could shop around and buy the used s2000 for about 20k, and use the money to build that. turning a civic into rwd is pretty retarded imo

silver_6r 10-08-2006 09:43 PM

those who cant do... diss others that can.

why spend money on doing the same as everyone else when i can spend money on doing something special...

no i do not wish to build a "rice boi" car with a stupid annoying exhaust and "go fast" stickers... i want to build something sharp...and unique.

i am only using the civic as a chassis... and if i do a good job and make it clean, sharp and take my time.... people will want one too....

ef4life 10-08-2006 09:49 PM

ORIGINAL: silver_6r

those who cant do... diss others that can.

why spend money on doing the same as everyone else when i can spend money on doing something special...

no i do not wish to build a "rice boi" car with a stupid annoying exhaust and "go fast" stickers... i want to build something sharp...and unique.

i am only using the civic as a chassis... and if i do a good job and make it clean, sharp and take my time.... people will want one too....
first off i didn't diss you or anything, i gave an opinion

and second, they have been countless other people on this forum that ask the same question, and none of them do it. if you are really going to do it, do it and post pics so we can see, that would be a crazy ass car when its done.

silver_6r 10-09-2006 01:47 AM

point taken...

like i said i will start doing the research....and if nybody has some links that would be great..

i am probably going to try and get the front and rear suspension components of the s2000 as well.... and the brake parts too...i really dont know how far i have to go to get this done but i think $15k not including the drive train and electronics is a pretty good starting point

in the end i should have a killer car costing around $40k cdn.... M3 is like $70k us, Lexus GS400 is like $50kus, etc etc

ahhsimon 10-09-2006 02:10 AM

i dont know about the crap and money is money but yeah it will be a nice project, something u want to experience is better then any opinion though it maybe helpful. good luck with it and .. perhaps post some pics

mybrokenblinker 10-14-2006 12:43 PM

If you're doing it for the sake of doing it, that's cool. But really man, it would be a lot easier and probably alot nicer if you just bought a used s2000 and boosted that. That would be a better handling, better looking, probably better build quality vehicle with less reliability issues from the rwd conversion.