General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

****!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 06:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: ****!!!!!!!

well if your rides been stolen before than i say invest in a car alarm first thing........

that way next time they tryy... cause they must be geting good at it by now.... the alarm will start blasting and at least give ya a beter warning at night.... also mount 2 sirens... one under hood and one under the rear somewhere.... that way they dont just quickly rip at the wires under the hood...

also get creative with the alarm instal........... put the brain towards the rear of the car behind some side trim panels or something that way they cannt just reach under the dash and yank all the wires off the alarms brain..........

even tho the cars not worth much.... a good alarm instal will be worth it if it saves you all this hassle from happening again!

but for replacement parts just look on ebay..... used parts pop up all the time from totaled cars......

Old 05-31-2007, 07:19 PM
HCF Member

get one of those bad boy steering wheel locks .. haha wonder if they know the trick to that one to haha .. but i like the idea of a siren in the back also sounds hot

Old 06-01-2007, 04:01 AM

ORIGINAL: that guy

I guarentee that if anyone was to steal my civic or for that matter even attempt to break into it, his or her grey matter would very shortly thereafter look like a modern art materpiece on whatever wall or floor that person happens to be nearest.

I'm very sorry to hear that your car was stolen again. This is indeed idiotic, and when you get it back, you should look into the DIY on a hidden fuel pump cutoff switch and/or main electrical switch. It's cheap and best of all, relatively effective. You could have your rifle loaded and be out the front door as soon as you hear them trying to turn that engine over with no fuel pump.

I hope to read this thread whenever I get back to HCF in the next couple of days and read that you recovered your car with little expended effort and minimal loss. Hope you have better luck in the future.
I looked through the DIY section twice, and I don't see this. Am I blind??

Old 06-01-2007, 04:44 AM
HCF Member

sorry...I might be thinking of a thread I read that should have been a DIY...try using the search feature. it's been discussed quite a bit on this forum. the install is insanely easy. like twenty minutes or so supposedly. I've been thinking of doing it myself. let me know if you have any more trouble finding stuff on it and I'll try to go back and look a little harder.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:45 AM

Here's the link for the cutoff switch. https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_96608/tm.htm The link for the DIY is a few posts down, but i figured i would post the entire thread because it offers another little tip instead of the switch. Glad to hear you got your car back man.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:32 AM

Thanks!

Old 06-01-2007, 02:15 PM
HCF Member

I imagine they stripped it fairly good, why else steal a car with NOTHING in it???
Joyriding. When my Camry was stolen for the second time it was recovered six miles away from my house with a full tank of gas. Hopefully the same happens for you man.