General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

'06

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Default '06

Hi y'all,

I just test drove an '04 and an '05 LX and EX respectively.I did not notice pleasing difference between the 115hp motor and the 127hp??I am thinking of going the extra $$(will be my first Civic btw) or an '06 EX.Will the 140hp motor on the '06 not produc a notable difference/feel either?I can and will test drive an '06 before buying obviously but just want some opinions.

Also,if I my dare,would an '04,4,5,6 4cyl Accord be s good handling etc?Price wise it seems Accords offer more car and pluses in generl for less$$.No?

Thanks!

Old 06-16-2007, 10:58 AM
Default RE: '06

luxury? accord...

Old 06-20-2007, 12:29 PM
HCF Member

The Accord does have more power, costs more, oh, and gets less mileage than a Civic.

It is a nicer car and is about 3" higher, wider and longer.

Some of the interior features are nicer too but then that is what you pay for.

It is a toss up if you want luxury or economy?

I have the 06 Civic Coupe LX and it is a nice all aroundcar for the money.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:59 PM
HCF Member

EX for the win, its a better overall car (not just the engine difference) if you ask me for not too much more money.

and a civic would rape an accord on handling imo.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:57 AM

^+1 On the civic handling better. Civic FTW

Old 06-21-2007, 03:09 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: toyota vs honda

Hi y'all,

I just test drove an '04 and an '05 LX and EX respectively.I did not notice pleasing difference between the 115hp motor and the 127hp??I am thinking of going the extra $$(will be my first Civic btw) or an '06 EX.Will the 140hp motor on the '06 not produc a notable difference/feel either?I can and will test drive an '06 before buying obviously but just want some opinions.

Also,if I my dare,would an '04,4,5,6 4cyl Accord be s good handling etc?Price wise it seems Accords offer more car and pluses in generl for less$$.No?

Thanks!
I dunno about the seat-of-the-pants difference between the Civics...the newer ('06+)ones have more power, but they're bigger. The newer ones supposedly have a more efficient design too. They're almost as big as the older Accords too.

The '05 and earlier Civics area bit more sporty in the handling dept, as Accordsare noticeably heavier in feel. The Accord V6saccelerate and brake fine for not being performance cars, but they seem to absolutely wallow through turns. The '05 EX coupe's bodyroll, for example,is probably worse than my '95 Wrangler's.

All cars are something of a compromise.The newest Civic models are a bit more refined, with Accords being even moreso. If you want a little performance, a little economy, and a little luxury, the Civic EX is about right. For the best performance go Civic Si, best economy go Civic Hybrid or DX, and best luxury/space go Accord EX sedan. If you want large adults in the backseat to have any kind of legroom, you'll want an Accord sedan. The Civic backseat room in '05 and older models is kinda tight, even in the sedan. The newer Civs and the Accord coupes might be ok for smaller adults back there.

As far as zip goes...how much do you need? My stock '00 Civic VP sedan (Non-VTEC, about 107hp, auto) merges just fine, can easily exceed any U.S. speed limit, and even moves well at 10,000ft above sea level. You'd want more grunt if you're racing or something, but it can go fast enough to get you into legal trouble on any U.S. interstate. I don't even have any I/H/E, airfilter, or ignition upgrades.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:01 AM

Thanks to all.Great feedback.

Flyboy,I am surprised you say Accords are MORE expensive?? Yeah,sure in the obvious cases like an '07 EX or whatever but rom my research the Civics are holding their resale value annoyingly so for the would be buyer.Plenty of '04,'05 Accords are cheaper than modern Civis.Just saying..