HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   1st Mod ever!!!! PLEASE HELP (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/1st-mod-ever-please-help-75654/)

Facescar15 05-19-2009 08:23 PM

1st Mod ever!!!! PLEASE HELP

I have a 7th Gen civic, and i haven't gotten any modifications under the hood to it, i was told best idea is a intake or new headers. Open to anyones opinion on wat should i get for my car, and see great improvements.

Superfly 05-19-2009 09:42 PM

I/H/E

intake, header, exhaust.

There's a bunch of info on here about it ;)

WellFedHobo 05-19-2009 09:55 PM

The 7th gen Civic isn't a great platform to work from. It has the D17 engine which everyone hates. But you can do I/H/E and get some minor gains. Unless you try to build that engine up from the inside and turbo it, you won't see "great" gains.

lowlife9 05-19-2009 11:24 PM

tru to this i have intake , header , cat delete , full 2.25 inch exhaust with very little gains other then aesthetic value and better exhaust tone.my advice would to enhance the looks of the car lower,rims,tints etc.etc.

DanCave 05-20-2009 03:51 AM

I've tried to mod stuff like this before, not much worked for me, only minor advances in power. You can get a better sounds i guess.

Facescar15 05-20-2009 06:46 AM

Cat Delete? sorry im a total no0b... wat is that?

Facescar15 05-20-2009 06:47 AM

oh.. and any of those in a specific order? maybe intake first or exhst

My04Civic 05-20-2009 06:52 AM

tell me why every time someone mentions some sort of mod for the 7th gen, there is always some douche that says "well your engine sucks a ballsack, but you can try this"

maybe noone wants to hear your stupid ****ing opinion. just answer his question or GTFO. its simple.

/rant

Remmy 05-20-2009 07:05 AM

^gah damn admin!

In a nut shell, Honda really screwed up and didnt leave much of a clean canvas (such as a returnless fuel system) for the 7th gen on aftermarket stuff like they normally do with most civics since the early 5th gen. Now, the standard I/H/E will give you fair gains. Honestly, any run of the mill cold air or ram air intake (even the el cheapo ebay kits with a k&n or AEM filter) will be fine. Magnaflow makes a great bang for the buck exhaust and DC has a pretty good header to bolt to your car as well. I would wait until you install them all at once to truly appreciate the gain you will receive for it.

Tiran 05-20-2009 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Facescar15 (Post 643825)
Cat Delete? sorry im a total no0b... wat is that?

Wrong. Deleting your cat is retarded unless you car is track only. Otherwise don't be an asshat and run with your cat.

But yes. dpeneding oon you location (IE CARB in cali) there are parts available for I/H/E that will give you maybe 10-15 horsepower combined.

the most expensive part will prob be your Cat-back depending on what you are after.

100 bux for raspy ass ebay POS or 600ish for RSR ExMag (btw, ExMag = sex)