General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

2006/2007 Likes,Dislikes

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Default 2006/2007 Likes,Dislikes

In the market for a Honda civic and was wondering what the overall impressions are of the 8th generation civic since it is still a rather new design, thanks.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:00 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 2006/2007 Likes,Dislikes

I have a 2007 Civic EX Coupe

Dislikes:
1. Speedometer is hard to see. I'm only 5'6" and the way I sit my steering wheel sits right in my line of site to the speedometer.
2. The speedometer housing sits really close to the windshield and there is a big area that is very hard to get into to clean.
3. Leather not an available option.
4. Seat belt height is not adjustable.

1. Very comfortable, the seats really hug you and hold you in place.
2. For how small the car looks outside, there is a surprising amount of room inside.
3. Very smooth ride.
4. Great gas mileage.

If I can think of anymore major likes or dislikes I'll let you know.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:15 PM
HCF Member

I Love them. Dont own one but I have been to dealerships looking at them. I want one.. NOW!

Old 06-18-2007, 07:51 PM

I've owned a '91EX, a '96 EX, and now a '07 EX coupe. So far, with just over 1K miles on it, I love it! I love the low roofline and with the angle of the windshield bugs seem to blow off, not splatter all over your windshield. I love that little blue light that lights up the shifter and the TWO cupholders (sorry my '03 wrx only had one). Very comfortable and handles great. I haven't gotten on it but it seems to have plenty of pickup, unlike the '96 which was so freakin slow. Brakes are nice too. I haven't had any issues seeing the speedo, there is a little bit of a blind spot, but you get used to it like any other car. Gas mileage so far has been great!

Old 06-18-2007, 08:51 PM
HCF Member

There is a reason it was voted "Car of the Year". Find out why at your Honda dealer. I have an '06 LX stick sedan. It's the nicest car I have owned. Well, my '65 Volvo 122S was pretty nice, too........

Old 06-20-2007, 12:11 PM
HCF Member

I have the 06 Civic Coupe LX.
IfI would have known that I like the car so much when I bought it I would have got if fully loaded.

I have almost 28,000 miles on it now.

Likes.......

1. The gas mileage. I average 37 - 39 mpg. I have gotten as low as 32 a couple of times.
2. I like the futuristic looking dash. Speedometer is easy to read as well as the lower section of the dash. The steering wheel is adjustable so you can move it to where you can see everything easily.
3. I like how the drivers seat can be adjusted up and down.
4. The acceleration at speeds above 65 mph is good. Of course I admit that I did get it to 101 before taking my foot off the pedal. No cops around so I lucked out then. Whew......
5. The trunk space is pretty good size.
6. Brakes are very good. Some idiot pulled in front of me and slammed on his brakes and if it wasn't for the antilock brakes, I would have hit him.
7. The cruise control is right on. Push the button and it will stay on that speed. It will vary 1 mph on hills.
8. No maintenance schedule. I just drive it until I get a message from the Maintenance Minder. No worries about complying with service schedules now.

Dislikes......
1. I get shocked everytime I get out of the car. At first I was told it was the floor mats but found out it is the seats. As I spin around to get out the static elecricity builds up and when you get out and grab the door.....ZAP!. I now have to touch the door as I am exiting the vehicle to not get shocked.
2. The inside of the front window is very hard to clean. How do I get the window clean just above the speedometer? You need hands that are only 1/4 inch thick.
3. You can't see the front of the car while sitting in the car. It is very hard to judge the distance while parking. Usually acrunching soundwill give you a heads up. ??? ooops too late.
4. I hate it when I wash the car and water keeps dripping from the mirrors. I have to go back several times after I am done with drying the car to check for water runing down the door.
5. The passenger head rest blocks the view out the right rear window in my coupe. Makes checking for traffic difficult. I don't know how the sedan is.
I am sure there are more of each but I can't think of anything important now.

They are nice cars.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:48 PM
HCF Member

I do not like the parking brake.... I would rather have it back in the "traditional" spot. My knee rest's on it....it just seems to be in the way.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:09 PM
HCF Member

Flyboy: I agree with all of your likes and dislikes. I would rate the acceleration as excellent, though. This thing is a little hotrod. 110+ MPH in fourth. Handles like a go-cart. It is hard not driving in continuous race mode as the car just wants to GO! I just love bombing down the backroads in this car. I am not a teen-ager either, I am 64.

One more minor dislike: It is hard to stretch out your legs while driving. The wheelwell gets in the way. Maybe in the auto version there is more room.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:08 AM

the only thing i dont like about the 06/07 is how everything is compacted under the hood

Old 06-21-2007, 09:53 AM

i got and 07si. 5000 miles and i LOVE it. only prob are rpm hang when i start it. the brakes seem to grind sometimes, i dont know how to say it. but they work GREAT. and sometimes its hard it get it in 3rd. just not as smooth as the others. just odd stuff i picked up on.

Quick Reply: 2006/2007 Likes,Dislikes