General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

2006/2007 Likes,Dislikes

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Default RE: 2006/2007 Likes,Dislikes

ORIGINAL: Flyboy

I have the 06 Civic Coupe LX.
IfI would have known that I like the car so much when I bought it I would have got if fully loaded.

I have almost 28,000 miles on it now.

Likes.......

1. The gas mileage. I average 37 - 39 mpg. I have gotten as low as 32 a couple of times.
2. I like the futuristic looking dash. Speedometer is easy to read as well as the lower section of the dash. The steering wheel is adjustable so you can move it to where you can see everything easily.
3. I like how the drivers seat can be adjusted up and down.
4. The acceleration at speeds above 65 mph is good. Of course I admit that I did get it to 101 before taking my foot off the pedal. No cops around so I lucked out then. Whew......
5. The trunk space is pretty good size.
6. Brakes are very good. Some idiot pulled in front of me and slammed on his brakes and if it wasn't for the antilock brakes, I would have hit him.
7. The cruise control is right on. Push the button and it will stay on that speed. It will vary 1 mph on hills.

Dislikes......
1. I get shocked everytime I get out of the car. At first I was told it was the floor mats but found out it is the seats. As I spin around to get out the static elecricity builds up and when you get out and grab the door.....ZAP!. I now have to touch the door as I am exiting the vehicle to not get shocked.
2. The inside of the front window is very hard to clean. How do I get the window clean just above the speedometer? You need hands that are only 1/4 inch thick.
3. You can't see the front of the car while sitting in the car. It is very hard to judge the distance while parking. Usually acrunching soundwill give you a heads up. ??? ooops too late.
4. I hate it when I wash the car and water keeps dripping from the mirrors. I have to go back several times after I am done with drying the car to check for water runing down the door.

I am sure there are more of each but I can't think of anything important now.

They are nice cars.

To add something to your #4 dislike, I work at a detail shop, and that happens with every single car I do. And I clean $60,000 Denali's. It is a pain, but you could try to blow dry it with an air hose or something, to get all the water out of the mirrors.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:43 AM

ORIGINAL: MDCivic

love that little blue light that lights up the shifter and the TWO cupholders (sorry my '03 wrx only had one).
Do you have a pic of this lit up? Must be an EX feature, but I would like to see it, maybe an easy swap into my LX.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:52 AM
Stinky Administrator

i have a 07 ex coupe and my dislikes are the e brake handle and cleaning the windshield, and yes the blue led light is on the ex's and si's i'll try and get a pic when it gets dark outside

Old 06-21-2007, 02:30 PM

I aggree with the dislikes. Must add my current problem, the Air conditioning is not what I had hoped. Over 90 Deg plan on sweating! I have had minde three days, I may take it back. Beautiful car, Galaxy Grey, full front mask, moon roof visor! Just make sure you drive it before you buy it and make certain the A/C is working properly. My dealership checked four civics on the lot, all pressures are normal but they cannot keep up in heat over 90 deg.

Good luck!

Old 06-22-2007, 09:45 PM

I did own a 06 LX Automatic but just sold it today. I averaged 30-32 mpg around town with short highway trips tossed in. Power is ok for a car this size but in my opinion the automatic robs the engine of to much power.
Stereo is so so, metal is thin and paint chips easily. Very comfortable car to drive or ride in but very noisy. Heater and A/C work very well. Positives outweigh the negatives.
The main reason I sold the 06 LX was to purchase a 07 EX 5 Speed which is due in any day. I am hoping the 5 speed bumps up my mpg some.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:08 PM

2007 SI. Like the way it handles, seems to have nice power for a 4. Great daily driver. What I don't like?? Insurance is $300 more a year than my 2006 corevtte coupe. I'm 65 no accidents.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:56 PM

why exactly is everyone having ac problems? when i got my car last year it was 100 degrees every day and the ac worked fine.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:17 AM
HCF Member

Gene,

110 mph.................

Wow.......

I got mine up to 101 once just crusing down the freeway and stopped there. I don't know where I could go to find out what the top speed actually is. I have the automatic and I was in I guess what is called overdrive at that point and did not have the pedal to the floor and was accelerating slowly.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:13 AM
HCF Member

Last Saturday night I was heading to a dance, cruising at about 70 on the Interstate, when an '06 (I think) SI zipped passed me. I quickly caught up to him going about 90 and he sped up to 100-105 for about 15 miles with me right on his tail the whole time. It was a blast. We sure passed a lot of cars. A mini-van tried to keep up with us too, but quickly dropped back. I don't mind following someone going fast on the freeway, but I would not lead. Whenever I go over 70 the mileage drops off considerably, however.

Here in Illinois, we have plenty of lightly traveled backroads that are straight enough to get some speed going. Late night there is little or no traffic, so I get my chance to see what the car will do. So far 117 is my top speed. It climbs pretty quick up to 110 then crawls up from there. Most other cars I have owned, I have not felt safe enough in to go that fast. Just so a deer doesn't jump out in front of me........

Note: I raced motorcycleson half-mile tracks and also road-raced them back in the late '60s, so I am no stranger to speed. I also have more than 300,000 miles of driving under my belt. Please learn how to go fast in a regulated place (track/strip) before attempting high speed road riding. Under no circumstances do high speed driving with passengers or under the influence.

Note #2: Mileage for that tank of gas was 37.1 MPG. I guess I can't complain.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:29 AM
JTF

06 Honda Civic Sedan 32000 km

Con's:
1. Speedometer is too far out on the dash.
2. Cheap interior moulding, comes off in different places.
3. Sound system is okay only.
4. Paint chips easily.
5. Silly window washer stick.
6. Cheap oil stick.

Pro's:
1. Very comforable seating.
2. Burns next to no oil.
3. Good on gas.
4. Nice job on the cup holders.
5. Good placement of heating vents.
6. Great head rests.

Quick Reply: 2006/2007 Likes,Dislikes