General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

2009 Manual Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 10:32 PM

It's funny you should mention the SLO dealership climbermatt...as I was just there today.

I'm looking to get a EX-L sedan, in royal blue pearl, with a manual transmission. They told me that they (Honda) aren't making any sticks right now and that the earliest they're going to be making them is December....but even that was just a maybe. And they said it wouldn't arrive until sometime in January, which seems like forever, since I've already been waiting over a month. They said that Honda did make one like I want, but it was in NY and sold a few weeks ago. They said if there were to be any models made like I want that they would try to get a hold of it for me...but that they simply weren't making any manual transmissions right now (for the non-SI's).

I've sat in a '09 at the SLO dealership with a stick, but it wasn't the model or color I want.

Do you guys think that I could get a manual EX-L in Royal Blue Pearl at another dealership? If so, why would my local dealership be telling me otherwise?

Old 10-19-2008, 07:34 AM

I don't know what is up with the SLO dealership. I went back home to the bay area and got my 09 manual sedan and I love it. I would definitely would call up other dealers if you want to get a manual because they are around. They are rare in California right now but you should be able to get what you want.