General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

6th gen- stolen and recovered

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 06:27 AM
Recognized HCF Member

that boot is lame!
give me a tire iron and a donut tire and your car is mine!!!!!!!!

Old 08-22-2008, 06:59 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
that boot is lame!
^+1!!

Old 08-22-2008, 09:50 AM
HCF Member

that boot is lame!
Haha, that would suck! Come back to your parking spot and the only thing there is your nice rim/tire with the boot on it.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Recognized HCF Member

o no id take the wheel as well! nothing a small cut off blade cannt cut in 2 within 5mins then i have a full set of wheels and tires

think of it like a thief.... you want it bad enough your gonna get it! or hell if i wanted to be an @ss id hot wire that sucker and still take it for a spin! LMFAO think of all the damage that sucker can do before it breaks? and think how long till it does break off...

Old 08-23-2008, 04:10 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by civicdoc
Last year, my '00 ex was stolen in the early am. Luckily, NYPD found it in brkln. They took my rims (konigs) with 2-day old kumhos along with headlights, fenders, hood, bumpers. Luckily, the engine was left untouched when it was recovered.
Im rebuilding it now and probably will get full coverage insurance this time.
thats exactly what happened to me man im out here in queens and nypd found mine. my rims, stereo system and gauge cluster were gone but my engine wasnt touched, it sucks but at least its fixable. i had to put on my 4 spares also and i also had konigs whihc were stolen, hey maybe it was the same guys damn car theives

Old 08-23-2008, 05:56 AM
HCF Member

that boot is lame!
Originally Posted by macbeth18288
^+1!!

You guys ever heard of wheel locks??

My advice would be to buy 2 sets of wheel locks.
Put all four of one set on the rim you will use the alpha lock one and the other set you spread out onto the other 3 rims. I personally think you dont need the second set of wheel locks, but some thief might just be willing to steal the other 3 rims it they are nice enough.

I guarantee with that combo NOBODY will try to take your car.... unless they have a flatbed and even then, how the f*ck will they be able to roll it onto the truck??!!

Ive seen another guy near with a turboed Integra with rims and the "whole 9", with an alpha lock...
The only weak spot might be the lock itself, but the company alot of claims about it's strength and resistant to cutting and cant be picked or frozen off with freon.

the more things you have, the better:
alarm
club
alpha lock

Thieves want to be in and out, and if they see all this stuff, I think they will be far less likely to f*ck with your car.

Ive seen the alpha lock on eBay for $60 + shipping, not to bad.... as I think if you buy it from the CO direct, it's $129

Last edited by babyivan; 08-23-2008 at 06:03 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:02 AM
HCF Member

Even with the lock, if they have a tow truck, they will drag the **** out of the tires if they can get away quick

Old 08-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Recognized HCF Member

dito.... a tow truck. or even a repo truck... looks like a regular fullsize pickup truck till the guy inside flips a switch the tailgate drops and a hydrolic setup flips out from the bed and the 2 forks simply hook onto the wheels and the hydrolics simply pick the car up and they drive off far enough away so no fear and then they simply throw some straps around the wheels to keep it inplace for the long haul. ive seen it! it takes less than 30seconds from the flip of the switch!

PLUS wheel locks... have ya ever heard of striped sockets and a portable air compressor? they bite onto the outter lip of the nut and bite right into it and simply screws it off
thats what most tire shops use when the owner looses the lug key...

im not gonna say locking nuts are crap.... they can prevent the low pathetic guys from the simple tire iron and jack...
basically if you care about your car the only way to fully protect your investment is full coverage insurance and cross your fingers no one wants your car bad enough to get it!
the full coverage wont insure to many aftermarket parts and you defiantly wont get the full amount you paid BUT better than total loss!

just look at youtube they are all over the place... under 30seconds are your car is GONE!!!!!!!!!
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=6k5iJxDL260

this ones the funniest 20vehicles GONE LOL
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zfXbZVPP3MQ

2nd funniest. a setup but funny as hell
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=EsEke6IQkDw

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=B65S7Et2vFo

think your car is safe? it only takes 30seconds of your back turned for your car to be GONE wheel locks, club,boot, or even a brake club.... what do they care if they trash your brakes by draging the car down the road smoking the brakes and/or sliding tires.
thats so fast that only low budget guys use screw driver anymore.... take it like a pro take your time cuting your own key for the car or cut it up.

Old 08-24-2008, 03:24 AM
HCF Member

since your in brooklyn go with lojack most nypd cars are equipt with lojack

Old 08-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Recognized HCF Member

o ya lojack should work great if they have it available in your area! i looked into it before BUT they dont have it in my area/ country dirts.LOL

Quick Reply: 6th gen- stolen and recovered