General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

94 Civic LX for 95 Del Sol? Should I?

Old 07-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Default RE: 94 Civic LX for 95 Del Sol? Should I?

that sounds like a good idea... i think a del sol just looks a little girly white.... id be too nervous about sanding and primering myself... you know im jsut thinking and i have all these great plans for this car... now either he or my parents will say no... my mom is on her honeymoon though so she wont have to know and my dad likes it... plus the insurance is cheaper? i looked it up and it said it was cheaper... doesnt make sense to me.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:15 AM

I think the Del Sol would look fine white if it was lowered, had tint, and maybe a front lip for a more aggressive look.

Yeah, the insurance is a little cheaper. I have Geico, and I saved $9 a month by switching from a '93 Civic DX Sedan to my '93 Del Sol Si. It doesn't seem like much, but that's a total savings of $108 a year. What insurance company do you have? When I had my Civic, I used to have The Hartford insurance, and I was paying $160 a month. I got a 1-9mph over the limit speeding ticket and they put me up to $238 a month, so I said screw this. I talked to my dad, he called Geico, and a day later I was paying $118 a month, which was already much less than I was paying before I had the ticket. I even got more coverage when I went to Geico and still paid less.

I love my Del Sol though. I get so many more compliments about my car now. Get this: I went to burger king in the drive thru, and the lady was like "here's your change, here's your food, and I like your car." How random is that? And now all my friends always want to ride in my car. LOL. When I bought it, my friends mom thought it was a 2002. That just shows how good Honda did with the appearance of it. Best 2 parts of the Del Sol have got to be the targa top, and the huge trunk. Not to mention a really nice black interior.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:19 AM

I think I would do it (no homo). But I like the Del Sol. Like trustdestruction with the body I think that would look bad ***. But what ever you do good luck

Old 07-03-2008, 09:35 AM

thank you guys for helping me decide. i have decided that in the long run the Del Sol will be easier to build if i so choose to and parts are MUCH easier to find for a Del Sol rather than a 4DR. such as nice little lip kits or not so ricer body kits. all these things are hard to find for a 4 DR. anyway i really like the idea of having a 2DR and my mom will love the lower insurance (even though she isnt paying for it) o and i use American Family. i pay $160 a month. i am actually going to call them right now to decide for sure how much the insurance would be.