General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Alarm System Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 09:32 AM
Unhappy Alarm System Questions

Hey all, I have a 2000 Honda Civic with a Clifford Matrix 10.5x currently installed on it.

I bought it with it already in place but wasn't working at the time. My ex was able to get it working by following the manual online; however, now have an issue with it and do not speak to him.

While the alarm was "alarmed," the battery in the remote went dead and after replacing the battery, the remote stopped working. In order for me to get in the car, I unlocked the door with the key and removed the power to the battery to disable the alarm.

Now that I have purchased a replacement remote, I want to re-hook the alarm back up to use it; however, having an issue with it. I finally found the valet switch (I believe) and tried plugging the power wire back in the battery (alarm is sounding at this time). I put the key in the ignition and turned the key to the on position while pressing the valet switch (tried once to several times). The alarm will not turn off and the only way to turn it off is to remove the power wire from the battery.

I need help!! Any suggestions???