General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Any GM guys converted in here?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Default RE: Any GM guys converted in here?

Yeah, for 10 years I used to be into Fieros. Started out with a '85 2m4, only had 90-something hp but great gas mileage and plenty of fun. Then I found a '86SE V6 with a Miller Woods turbo with a blown tranny, and cracked manifolds with only 48K on it. That was my baby for 8 years. Sold it this past October on ebay. I also had a very rare '88 coupe with T-Tops, and swapped the 4-cyl for a stock 6. Modding Fieros is crazy. Engine swaps are the norm, as any GM engine will fit (Northstar, 3800, LT1, LT4, LS1, ZO6, Quad 4, 3400 DOHC). Most people with the V6 swap the block from a 95 Camaro or Firebird to make it a 3.4. This way they can use stock Fiero intake so it still looks stock. Definitely the most popular swap is the L67 (3800S/C), with light mods it will pull 12's all day long.
The nastiest Fiero I've ever seen was a red '86GT, with a bored and stroked 383 V8 with nitrous. When we dyno'd it at a tuner shop, it put down over 600hp and the guys there were amazed at that engine. I sold my Fiero b/c I never drove it, and my wrx will run circles around it.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:22 AM
HCF Member

I am a GM guy and a Honda guy. Really though like said above I am a car guy over everything.

Old 07-02-2006, 08:35 PM

its too bad gm doesnt know what vtech is! that and they can't build a vehicle that isn't dirt ugly. i mean look at the cobalt. people who buy those are throwing money in the garbage. when i pay off my civic it will still be worth something where as the cobalt will be worth less than what is owed on it. i personally would not buy anything from gm due to their less than par designs.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:44 PM

I actually just picked up my 06 Si Friday and love it. It is a big difference from the Silverado SS I was driving before. I had to give up a ton of options but think the sportiness of the Si has made up for most of it. Plus the garage has more spare room than I know what to do with now.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:59 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 06coupe

its too bad gm doesnt know what vtech is! that and they can't build a vehicle that isn't dirt ugly. i mean look at the cobalt. people who buy those are throwing money in the garbage. when i pay off my civic it will still be worth something where as the cobalt will be worth less than what is owed on it. i personally would not buy anything from gm due to their less than par designs.
That's because Chevy dont make cars for kids very good, step into a GTO or Vette or a late model F-Body V8. So what if they dont make 4 banger pocket rockets good they dominate in any area they see fit to spend any actual time in product developement on. The new Z06 = a giant killer, the GTO = a BMW fighter, the Hummer has carried the men and women that are serving in the armed forces in to and out of battle for years. What about the early 90's Syclone and Typhon that mated a 4.3 single turbo 275hp(underrated) into a awd chassis, what about the mid to late 80's Grand Nationals, T-Type, and GNX's which are some of the most wanted cars on the planet from the 80's. What about the 1st gen Z28's and Firebirds that put a lock down on the trans-am series of road racing.

its too bad gm doesnt know what vtech is!

Ha that is truely funny, I will have you know that damn near every car manufactor on earth uses some type of variable timing method just because they dont go sticking accronyms of what they call it all over their cars dont mean it aint there. The Colbalt is junk I give you that but it is a replacement for the Cavy.....what do you expect. I think the new Accords look like complete ****, I also could care less about honda's choice of gouging the hell out of the pricing of the civic. Do you see me whinning about it. No.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:00 AM
HCF Member

BTW it is called VTEC, it's hard to talk **** about somebody or a company when you can not even spell what you are sticking up for.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:17 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: neon3kgt

i work at a GM dealership. were the 5th largest GMC dealer in the US. and you can imagine the jokes that are made when i pull in with a honda.
yeah but you can laugh right back when you get twice the engine life and mpg as any of there cars

Old 07-07-2006, 04:11 PM

exactly. how many times do i see in car magazines people complaining why is their chevy v8 burning oil at only 40,000 miles.

Old 07-07-2006, 04:28 PM
HCF Member

Because 90% of people dont take care of their cars now. I have a Chevy V8 with 110,000 miles on it and not one problem out of it. I have had the car sense the 80,000 mile mark and have beat the hell out of it and no problems. My 98 civic's d16y7 died at 107,000 miles and I babied it with the best of everything and never beat on it other than 1 night a month which was 2 runs down a 1/4 mile strip. So 30,000 miles hard on my LT1 = no problems, half a mile a month hard on my civic = spun rod berring.

Old 07-07-2006, 09:29 PM

it really doesn't matter what vehicle you drive, if ya don't take care of it, it ain't going to take care of you.

Quick Reply: Any GM guys converted in here?