General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Best way to Accelerate in an Automatic and after?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 09:49 AM
HCF Member
Default Best way to Accelerate in an Automatic and after?

I always wonder what is the best way to accelerate in my 02 civic ex. I have some assumptions and going to voice them and was hoping of you could tell me if i'm right or if there's a better way.

1)The first way i think you can get the best acceleration is by putting your car in neutral and reving the engine to bout 4300 rpms or so and then slam the car in drive and take off.

2)The seocnd way i thought of was keeping one foot on the brake while reving the car to 4300 rpms or so and then letting go of the break and jetting off.

Are those good accerlation bursts?

Also my other question is whats better after that after you accelerate? Do you downshift from D, to D3 and possibly D2 after you take off? Or do you Downshift from D to D3 and then up shift back to D and then once you get that VTEC to kick it slam it to downshift again to D3?

So could some of you help with this, i was always wondering what the best way is and i practice to see.

Old 11-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Default RE: Best way to Accelerate in an Automatic and after?

Is this a joke thread?

Don't do any of the things you said. ESPECIALLY don't hold the brake and press down the gas hard, are you insane[:@]?

Old 11-15-2006, 02:30 PM

Yea and neutral dropping is also one of the worst things you can do to an automatic transmission. You need a manual if you wanna do stuff like that heh.

Old 11-15-2006, 04:31 PM
HCF Member

Wtf is with these threads, ppl YOUR NOT DRIVING A RACE CAR YOUR DRIVING A 100HP ECONOMIC CAR. Alfy, buy a manual if u want to accel faster, and trying to do it the way you are saying is a good way to have an excuse to do a auto to manual swap cas ur gonna f*ck up ur tranny if u do that.

Old 11-15-2006, 05:00 PM

leave it in drive and hit the gas, holding the brake a little and revving it some will help, but i don't recommend it a lot.

if you want more performance out of an auto look to a higher Rpm stall torque converter, which is said to improve 1/4 times up to .25 seconds. and look into a shift performance kit for it.

and it is just an economycar, so don't beat the hell out of it

Old 11-15-2006, 05:12 PM

go to street and strip and read the accelerate thread i posted it will tell u everything, and ur ideas will only screw up ur tranny. Instead justy put performence parts on.

Old 11-15-2006, 05:37 PM

no no....this guys sounds like a genius!! Brilliant!!! Why did nobody think of this?? It is an AWESOME idea to rev up your motor to a spinning 4000rpms, then connect it with a tranny that is at ummmm...0 RPM'S. Idiot, id like to bitch slap the person that gave you a license.
[sm=lame.gif]

Old 11-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LMFAO

BUT HEY MAN............... YOU ASKED FOR IT..............

dont be stupid! if ya want a fast car BUY A FAST CAR.... ya want to drive like you have a stick... BUY A STICK.......

BUT if you realy wanna accelerate realy fast go ahead and neutral drop it BUT PLEASE... do a few things for everyone.... FIRST right down your current milage.... SECOND keep track of how many times you rev it up and slam it into drive..... THIRD tell us how high the tranny rebuild $cost ya!

i can hear a little experiment.................

anyone TAKING BETS..................
1-5
6-10
11-15
16-20
21.... well any higher i DOUBT
to how many times of neutral droping till the BIG $$$bucks comes flowing out for a new tranny?
i got a buck on 11-15...........
lets start a raffle... 50% of the money going to this turd for being stupid enough to complete this experiment.... and the other 50% going to a the person that correctly guesses the number....

Old 11-15-2006, 06:19 PM
HCF Member

I used to get ppl trying to race me all the time in the civic. At lights id step on the brake and step on the gas until the boost gauge hit 5PSI, then off the gas and BAM! youre OUT. My tranny did show some signs of wear, but it DID outlast the motor lol.

Old 11-16-2006, 02:22 AM
HCF Member

dam guys don't gotta slame me, i was jus wondering geez people, i rarely do that guyz. Man how the hell am i suppose to know, thats why i asked yall professionals, don't gotta flame me now.

Quick Reply: Best way to Accelerate in an Automatic and after?