General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

can i fix this???

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:37 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: can i fix this???

ORIGINAL: 06coupe
the judge threw it out after he listened to it outside.
Lol, thats pretty funny.

Yeah don't see any loopholes but I would do what people are saying and fight it with the fact that the cop doesn't have evidence. Not to be making a stupid comment but legally, how does the cop know beyond a shadow of a doubt that exhuast is not the original exhuast on your specific vehicle.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:38 PM

it was coming off another freeway and i had about 200 feet to get from like 30 to 65 so ya i had to step on it a little, he was not in a patrol car it was a cycle and he was just following me on to the on ramp.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:57 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ltkenbo

Yeah don't see any loopholes but I would do what people are saying and fight it with the fact that the cop doesn't have evidence. Not to be making a stupid comment but legally, how does the cop know beyond a shadow of a doubt that exhuast is not the original exhuast on your specific vehicle.
The law doesn't prohibit aftermarket exhausts, the exhaust cannot be louder than the stock exhaust.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:03 PM

why don't you say that it was on there when you bought the car?stupid how the cops would pull a car like that over even though every 18 wheeler on the road is ten times louder. they got nothin better to do.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Stinky Administrator

thats what pisses me off cops always have to mess with people in cars what about all of those loud *** Harley's

Old 08-08-2007, 08:47 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Peg_Leg

thats what pisses me off cops always have to mess with people in cars what about all of those loud *** Harley's
Yup. That has been my problem all along. Guys on bikes and guys in trucks never get pulled over even though when they drive past my house china falls off the damn shelves. LOL

Old 08-08-2007, 09:11 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 06coupe

hey, where was the officer when he saw you? and were his windows up? As well, were you gunning it? or going at a steady speed? I got pulled over for my truck a few years back and the judge threw it out after he listened to it outside.
lol, when i got my 'driving too fast for conditions' ticket when i got in my wreck, i justtalked to him outside after the hearing and sucked up to the judge and said how i was a new driver and never been in a wreck or had any tickets, and said the woman was at fault in the wreck...he said alright, just give me the ticket, and he took it and tore it to pieces and said don't worry about it. i was like "helllll yeahhhhhh", lol

Old 08-08-2007, 09:13 PM
HCF Member

^^ that is great. More cops need to be like that.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:15 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: windcalmer

^^ that is great. Morejudges need to be like that.
fixed [8D]

Old 08-08-2007, 09:36 PM
HCF Member

OOPS. I read that wrong. Thanks EJ6. LOL

Quick Reply: can i fix this???