General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

can i put a cold air intake and exhaust in my 06 auto civic?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Default can i put a cold air intake and exhaust in my 06 auto civic?

its your everyday walk in the park civic no v-tec or nothin special like that its just a ex sedan..
i just want to make it faster..
i've been looking around and i was looking at this injen intake..
http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...303/index.html
and about exhausts...i have no idea. i'm not sure if this is supposed to be like in the noob section or anything i just had to ask

Old 09-11-2009, 10:30 AM
HCF Member

yes you can add an exhaust system and a CAI. but dont expect to get any noticeable increase in hp, or feel faster

Old 09-11-2009, 10:31 AM
HCF Member

Yes you can but keep in mind that a cold air and a cat back exhaust won't necessarily get you a lot more power. and with exhaust its worth putting the extra money into a good exhaust system, check out Magnaflow, Greddy, and Borla are a few among the exceptional. Also check out HKS. you should come across some exhaust kits for your car with those Companies. cold air intakes sometimes will suck up water if you have a lot of rainfall or puddles of water so look at AEM and there bypass valves. They also make quality CAI's. And absolutely necessary have a trusted auto shop do the tuning after they are installed or have them in stall it and tune it. DO a lot of R&D for what sound and power output you want. look at dyno charts. it may not be worth it for an automatic civic.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:38 AM
HCF Member

basically if you like the sound and looks of the exhaust and CAI get it, dont get it thinking you will get a gain in hp

Old 09-11-2009, 11:32 PM

thanks for all the input.
so would ya'll do it? like as a general question to anyone in my position..
because i would want to feel it faster, what would anybody recommend?
or did i mess up already by getting a auto? haha

Old 09-12-2009, 05:52 AM
Recognized HCF Member

Both will change the sound, which might make you feel faster. I'd just use a SRI instead to avoid the possibility of getting water into the engine. Putting a bunch of tuner stuff on an automatic will mostly get laughed at if you try to show it off.

I don't remember anyone here talking about swapping an '06 to manual like you can readily do on the earlier models, don't know if it's easy or not.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:05 AM
HCF Member

What all this about not making any hp with a cai and cat back. Both together are good for 4 whp. LOL. AEM intakes are know to make power as are DC headers. But these upgrades really show their ture hp gains with cams and head work. It is a good start.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:29 AM
HCF Member

Well best bet would be to get a nice catback exhaust for the sound, if thats what your interested in. As for CAI, AEM i'd prefer. And yes, auto 4dr was the 1st mistake, but i dont blame ya me getting a 2dr dx is now making me convert to a ex header/cat/exhaust.lol

Old 09-17-2009, 10:09 AM
HCF Member

As I said before look at dynos, however JayVee's right about the auto and you will look like a ricer with an auto four door. there's a few in my town and I laugh. I prefer K&N over Aem but both make excellent intakes, Headers and Exhaust will give you a bit of power and some minor torque. Look into the cost of swapping the tranny if its not worth it, well if it were me I would trade it for a manual. But that's just me. I had an auto accord for a while and It sucked, wouldn't trade my civic for one any day. But as mk378 put it a Short Ram is more practical. the air isn't going to be much cooler through a Cold Air than a Ram intake they both pass by the hot Block so heat will disipate. However there is somewhat of a difference.

Last edited by project91; 09-17-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Chubby Chaser

^ so because someone has a 4dr... it makes them a ricer? i prefer a 4dr over a 2dr.
i also prefer a auto sometimes to just kick the a/c up and lay seats back and cruise.
op- i wouldn't suggest trying to soup up a auto they dont last they were only designed for stock power. adding a cai or sri will make it sound better and may give a increase in mpg but dont expect a gain in hp. it may give a quicker response to the throttle but thats about it.

Quick Reply: can i put a cold air intake and exhaust in my 06 auto civic?