General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

what else should i do

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 06:44 PM
HCF Member
Default what else should i do

so my 93 civic is due for an oil change while its in the shop i was going to get some other stuff done to it some of my friends tell me i should get my automatic transmission fluid change and also i should change the transmission filter? is this a good idea... what else can be done while its in the shop?

Old 04-20-2010, 09:56 PM
HCF Member

when was the last time u did a tune up or changed the timin belt? it is a good idea to change the tranny fluid and filter if u haven't recently. plus wat type of motor oil do u use, regular or full synthetic? if regular i recommend full synthetic.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:09 PM
HCF Member

I second what Need4speed just said.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:38 PM
HCF Member

why not replace the oil and tranny fluid yourself. you'll save a bunch of money. how many miles are on it right now? did you just buy it?

Old 04-21-2010, 06:43 AM
HCF Member

Does the 93 have an a/t filter? 2004 does not.
dc

Old 04-21-2010, 07:35 AM
Super Cereal Admin

I believe it has a conventional trans. filter.

At any rate, check the belts, plugs, hoses, fluid levels, etc. What services have been done to it so far, and how many miles are on it?

Also, just throwing it out there, but synthetic oil will pass through smaller leaks than conventional, so if the engine has small oil leaks or anything, prepare for them to get worse if you switch to synthetic.

(and if you change the ATF, you don't need to change the filter, but it won't hurt anything.)

Old 04-21-2010, 09:58 AM
HCF Member

you should seafoam your car. you should do it every time you change your oil. put 1/3 can in the oil. 1/3 can it the gas tank. and 1/3 can in the brake booster line. you can get it at any autoparts store. and on the of the can it will tell you what to do or you can look on youtube.com and look at a video its very good for your car. thats a link on how to do it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uNdDVGRE8Y

Old 04-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Chubby Chaser

Originally Posted by 1992 civic driver
you should seafoam your car. you should do it every time you change your oil. put 1/3 can in the oil. 1/3 can it the gas tank. and 1/3 can in the fuel pressure regulator line. you can get it at any autoparts store. and on the of the can it will tell you what to do or you can look on youtube.com and look at a video its very good for your car. thats a link on how to do it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uNdDVGRE8Y

also change motor oil/filter, trans fluid (you cant change the filter) spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, air filter, pcv valve. do an inspection of your cv alxe's make sure boots arent ripped, and all your ball joints and tie rods, if they have grease fittings regrease them.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:35 PM
HCF Member

ok so i bought the sea foam (im going to do this all myself avoiding the shop to save money like you guys said) i bought 2 cans so im going to distribute evenly between where my oil goes my gas tank and my pvc valve? does this sound like a good plan and im having trouble locating my pvc valve can anybody help me find it?

Quick Reply: what else should i do