General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

car alarm info????

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 02:46 PM
HCF Member
Default car alarm info????

ok so after my wheel locks post i decided to get car alarm cuz i just put a good amount of money into my car. so heres a couple of questions i have if yall could help

1-i have all manual locks and windows how will this effect how an alarm?
2-whats a good alarm system i heard the viper alarm with the pager is good?
3-should i get it installed at circut city(a big retail electronic store) or a local alarm shop?
4-should buy it of ebay or from a big retail store?

Old 07-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: car alarm info????

well most stores will charge more IF you buy a alarm NOT FROM THEM........

and some small shops can be shady so pay with cash and remove your registration and any paper work from the car and give them a fake name and adress.... they dont need that info anyways!!!!!!

if you can do some wiring yourself you can do it yourself very easy!

with the alarm system id recomend having some power locks instaled.... aftermarket power locks are fairly easy to instal and wire up.....
but not important.... BUT a few things to remember when having a alarm system instaled is be sure EVERY entry point is protected and will set the alarm off if opened! like HOOD, BOTH DOORS, and trunk! also a properly adjusted shock sensor!

most alarms are ONLY AS GOOD AS THE INSTAL......

if having it instaled tell them EXACTLY how you want it instaled!!! have it instaled HIGH up in the dash and all wire loomed or electrical black tape over all the wires.... all zip tied up outta the way! that way a thief cannt just jump in your ride and YANK all the loose wires under the dash and disable your alarm system!

Old 07-07-2007, 04:39 PM
HCF Member

i went to a local shop where i live and they said for a high tech setup from viper for 3-350 bucks, that's with tilt, 2/3 stage shock, alarm, i think hood and maybe trunk, and a two way pager installed. it will be one of my future purchases, and even if you don't have power everything, they can customize it to fit your vehicle. another idea is to install a door handle plate in case someone trys to jimmy your doors.

Old 07-07-2007, 04:46 PM

yea i have a viper i bought online but had it installed at circuit city for 90 bucks...they did a pretty good job...i dont have the pager but the alarm is loud as hell and scares the **** out of me everytime it goes off but if you had automatic door lock you could get keyhole cover but thats outta the question lol

Old 07-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well ya if ya realy wanna be secure you can always shave the door handles off LMFAO
only downfall with doing that is resale....

and a lcd paging alarm FTW!!!!!!!!

Old 07-07-2007, 05:21 PM

i installed my alarm my self on my DX civic it was REALLY easy all u need to do is download the diagram. and judging fromur tail light u have the 96-98 civic so just download the wiring diagram for tht and basically all u need to do is Read. but again my cars a DX so the only nice feature tht work tht i like is if u openANy of the cardoors the alarm goes off i think thts car door trigger. also my alarm came with an trunk release relay tht i relocated in my car hood so if u pop my hood it goes off. i wish i had power locks [:@]