General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Car Options

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 10:23 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
great for tolls in hectic traffic... or when you're driving alone and suddenly decide you want all of the windows down or up.

You ever try rolling down the manual passenger window while driving 70 mph? ****'s dangerous

Seriously? Trolls are only on the drivers side. Takes you five seconds to drop that window down. Aint going to kill you.

And sure I have wanted to raise the passenger window while driving. I pulled over like a driver with sense.
I can understand someone with a 4door wanting power options. But a 2 door? Seriously? Laazzyyyy.

And wait- your car is soo damn small I can reach the passenger window without moving! lmfao!

And that teggy is Nike ugly. Daahhhmmnn.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:23 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by supersize
my hatch is basicly stock except for a few minor bolt ons and it came stock with power steering... 97 civic hatch cx.
huh that interesting. my old hatch was a 96 cx and it didn't have power anything. i thought all the cx/dx hatches from 96-00 were the same as far as features.

and that integra is absolutely fugly. I would never drive that. I would rather drive my civic with a messed up bumper than ever drive that thing.

but on the other hand, that civic is freakin sweet!!

Old 10-04-2009, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by PunisherInOKC
Seriously? Trolls are only on the drivers side. Takes you five seconds to drop that window down. Aint going to kill you.
You guys must not have very bad traffic in OK. Tolls here are hectic as hell... 6+ lanes, people deciding at the last second which toll lane to go to, swerving across 3 lanes of traffic in the process... you need to be paying really good attention going up to a toll or you're liable to get mauled by some dumbass.

And sure I have wanted to raise the passenger window while driving. I pulled over like a driver with sense.
I can understand someone with a 4door wanting power options. But a 2 door? Seriously? Laazzyyyy.
I used to drive a 93 DX sedan. I'm not just being lazy. I used to roll down all 4 windows by hand.

And with the del Sol... it's not like I had a choice and I chose to be lazy... they all have power windows.

Also, what if you're driving somewhere in a hurry with the windows down and it starts raining? Kind of a pain in the *** to pull over to roll the windows up, don't you think?

Last edited by trustdestruction; 10-04-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:37 PM
HCF Member

Traffic doesn't change anything. It is not like you have to stare at your handle as your lower the window. You can still watch the morons.

Oh, and we don't have many tolls here in Oklahoma. I only see on if I'm gong to Lawton or Tulsa. Thats it. =P

Old 10-04-2009, 10:38 PM

Traffic doesn't change anything. It is not like you have to stare at your handle as your lower the window. You can still watch the morons.
You still have to react though...

Old 10-04-2009, 10:42 PM
HCF Member

Dude, if lowering your window makes the difference in crashing, then something is really fubar in the situation. Your going to have one hand on the wheel, and one on the handle. SAME situation with power windows - you will have a hand on the wheel and a hand on the button. If you can't react with one hand, your car is dead.
And if traffic is JUST THAT BAD, why not simplify and lower the window at the toll? Save a life?

Old 10-04-2009, 10:43 PM

Dude, if lowering your window makes the difference in crashing, then something is really fubar in the situation. Your going to have one hand on the wheel, and one on the handle. SAME situation with power windows - you will have a hand on the wheel and a hand on the button. If you can't react with one hand, your car is dead.
False. When you push the button for the driver side window, it goes all the way down by itself. All you do is quickly flick the switch and let go. Hands back on the wheel, no more thinking about the window. Every second of attention is valuable in a heavy traffic toll situation with people swerving everywhere. Plus, i'm kinda tall. I have to bend forward and down quite a bit to roll down a manual window.

Wait to roll down the window until you get to the toll and then you're just helping to hold up everyone behind you, contributing negatively to their situation, making traffic more hectic.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 10-04-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Chubby Chaser

wow are ya'll really arguing about power windows...lol
look get a ek hatch then look for 96-00 ex power windows and convert your hatch to power windows and in the process make a diy for everyone, and if you need any help on what you need to buy to make the swap orhow to hook it up just ask.

p.s. the hell with florida and their damn money hungry toll asses!
we have no tolls up here

Old 10-04-2009, 10:50 PM
HCF Member

Please excuse me as I LMAO.
You make the traffic out to be a damn war zone. lmfao. The window is really NOT THAT huge of a factor in traffic. lmfao. Just drive with common sense and you'll be alright. Lower the window just before the toll booth. If someone SOMEHOW manages to cut you off there, then it was not meant to be.
And I thank you for the good laugh. I hurt from laughin soo hard.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:52 PM

Please excuse me as I LMAO.
You make the traffic out to be a damn war zone. lmfao. The window is really NOT THAT huge of a factor in traffic. lmfao. Just drive with common sense and you'll be alright. Lower the window just before the toll booth. If someone SOMEHOW manages to cut you off there, then it was not meant to be.
And I thank you for the good laugh. I hurt from laughin soo hard.
You come to Orlando, drive on the 408 in afternoon rush hour at the Crystal Lake bridge toll booth while it's under construction, and tell me it's not exactly as I described. I'll be waiting.

P.S. Speed limit is 55 *cough cough* 80 MPH and the road is bumpy, lanes are uneven, and it's far from straight. Probably the windiest expressway section i've ever driven on.

Last edited by trustdestruction; 10-04-2009 at 10:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Car Options