General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I feel like giving up (though I won't)

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 09:26 PM
HCF Member
Default I feel like giving up (though I won't)

If anyone's read about my suspension/tire problems, here's another. I thought just the front was bad and rubbing, but I took two of my brothers to the store earlier and was smelling something weird and hearing weird noises. I realized it was the back wheels rubbing horribly. The smell must have been rubber and the noises were the squeekingand rubbing of the back tires. I'm so fed up with this. It never ends. I just need to tell someone (whoever is reading this lol). I just feel like pushing the damn thing off a cliff. How am I to ever get to turbo if I can't get all the other things fixed and ready? :-(

Old 07-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Default RE: I feel like giving up (though I won't)

What all is wrong with your suspension. If its just basic stuff...I would personally taken it down to les shwab and let them take a look at it. I put my car into the curb during this last winter drifting and screwed up my right front end. Knocked the tire off...bent the transaxel, lower control arm. Just tons of stuff that I didn't have time to deal with so I took it down to Les Shwab and let them to there thing and had it back in a week. Cost more than I wanted to spend but...saved me tons of time. Just a thought.

Old 07-02-2007, 03:45 AM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: BCivic93

If anyone's read about my suspension/tire problems,
I probably have, but you have so many threads going on I can't keep them straight. what's the current situation?

Old 07-02-2007, 08:10 AM
HCF Member

This situation is the back of the car literally sits on the rear tires when I have passengers in the back. I Thought it was just the front rubbing on turns and that I would roll the fenders and still take turns easy and be ok. But last night when I was taking two of my brothers to the store I found out about the back. It's just so discouraging that I continuously find new things wrong.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:32 AM
HCF Member

I had the same problem when my dad decided to buy the wrong size tires since they were cheaper for my back wheels....rubbing everytime i had a passenger (not as bad as yours it seems) so until i got the right size tires we had to put spring spacers inbetween the coils to stop it from rubbing.....

I hope you get your problem fixed soon....cause its no fun driving people when your car is not working right and then they make fun of you....

Old 07-02-2007, 08:39 AM
HCF Member

It's not even the point of people making fun of me, it's more that it upsets/frustrates me cause I can't get the car right.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:30 AM
mxs
HCF Member

so what tires, tire size, what wheel size, and wheel offset do you have? what are your alignment settings? springs? and is it rubbing on the inside or outside of the wheel well?

you probably have this written in a different post somewhere, but this is what you get for starting another thread...

Old 07-02-2007, 07:57 PM
HCF Member

Sorry if I annoyed you by starting another thread mxs. I am being sincere, I am sorry; so don't think I'm being sarcastic to make you mad or anything. The reason I started this thread was toexpress my disappointment with my situation and maybe someone reading it could relate to it (not necessarilly suspension problems, but just things that keep going wrong) and keep me looking forward to how great everything will be once it's all good. The reason I did not retype everything about what's been happening was actually to try to keepthe otherparts of the problemcontained in the threads I have already started. I thought if people saw that I'm having trouble without having to read the whole long story, maybe the ones interested would look for the other posts and see if they had advice, and the people that don't care could just get on with what they were doing without having to read everything that's been going wrong for me. Again, I'm sorry I started a new thread. Next time I will add onto the thread(s) I have already started if it is a related issue. Anyway, tires are General uhp summer, tire size is 205/40, wheel size 17x7, wheel offset is 38mm, idk what the alignment settings are, the springs are eibach sportline (advertised as a 1.6" drop but it's definately more like a 2.5" drop), and I know for sure that it's rubbing bad on the outside, the front may be rubbing on the inside on turns, I'm still not sure. Thanks for taking the time to read this everyone; and any advice or comments are welcome.