HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   car of the year for 2006 (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/car-year-2006-a-13089/)

Jeremy102579 11-28-2005 03:41 PM

RE: car of the year for 2006

well, i honestly have no sympathy for those people getting laid off. unskilled workers making that much money. they had to know this was coming and been saving up for the past many years.

bobbytonic 11-28-2005 05:02 PM

Dude you sure do have alot of hate for GM. They may be going through a rough spot, but about 3 years ago all of the business mags were proclaiming Mitsubishi motor cars were going out of business, they pulled through. And I hardly say someone working at a car plant is an unskilled worker.

bobbytonic 11-28-2005 05:04 PM

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

ORIGINAL: Jeremy102579

GM blows.

haha^ poor people getting laid off before christmas, i feel bad.....but im not surprised its the car of the year, ITS A HONDA!
May I point out to you what country most of those cars on that list come from, and the fact that honda has one it once. If we are going by that list as a badass car maker, Ford, Lincoln, merc. got everyone whooped.

Jeremy102579 11-29-2005 05:43 AM

ORIGINAL: bobbytonic

GM blows.

haha^ poor people getting laid off before christmas, i feel bad.....but im not surprised its the car of the year, ITS A HONDA!
May I point out to you what country most of those cars on that list come from, and the fact that honda has one it once. If we are going by that list as a badass car maker, Ford, Lincoln, merc. got everyone whooped.
not anymore

bobbytonic 11-29-2005 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: bobbytonic

GM blows.

not anymore

Hmm, could you elaborate?

Kappa22 11-29-2005 12:59 PM

Ok, to clear up a big misunderstanding, car magazines, etc. do NOT judge these cars based on long-term reliability, build quality, maintainance costs, etc, because they can't. Otherwise we'd just be finding out the car of the year from '96. So even if there are a bunch of American-made cars on the list, it says nothing of how good the car is at anything besides dual-zone climate control.

Now, in case isn't already common knowledge, Hondas/Acuras are roughly 10 times more reliable than Fords/Lincolns/Mercurys.

Fiirkan 11-29-2005 08:10 PM

Normally i would say that Toyota would be up there with them but after the rating the '06 Corolla got from the IIHS(Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) my confidence has been shaken a bit, it got a good for front but poor for side and Rear impact. the optional side airbag's got an Acceptable which i think is average for a subcompact side impact
IIHS Corolla stats

AgentofDarkness 11-29-2005 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: drbyers

magazine editors aren't like you and I. they get to test drive cars long before they hit dealer lots...

as for the z06 for being car of the year. not likely. it's a one-trick pony. lol.
I would like to know what the one trick of the Z06 is? It sure isn't going in a straight line, because from what i've read/heard it can pull go around a corner. Plus itll give supercars a run for thier money at a fraction of the cost. I personally think that the new Z06 is an amazing car.

Jeremy102579 11-30-2005 06:21 AM

but it aint no HONDA

ORIGINAL: drbyers

I personally think that the new Z06 is an amazing car.