General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

carwash ruined my paintjob :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 11:33 AM
HCF Member
Default carwash ruined my paintjob :(

took my civic to a carwash yesterday (manual carwash, not automatic one).
the car was really dirty so I thought i'd give it a good scrub, so I used the brush from the washplace (those big long brushes with soap coming out). and everything looked shiny and clean.

and today when I went out to buff the car, I noticed tons of tiny streak marks all over the car!!! they weren't there b4, so I can only assume that they're from the brush...

now i'm mad and sad buffing with nushine didn't help. it did make the car shinier . but if you look closely at an angle, you'll see the streaks, all over the car, hood, doors, top... (cry)

Old 06-13-2010, 11:54 AM
HCF Member

damn it bro! is there any pics? was it a brand new paint job done? how long did u wait after the paint job to wash your car?

Old 06-13-2010, 12:26 PM
HCF Member

I didn't get new paintjob, just meant the brush micro-scratched the paint on the car. you wont notice it just looking straight down on the car, but if you tilt your head and look at the body at an angle, you'll notice the tiny tiny scratches all over. and the sunnier the day, the more noticeable the marks.

I'm gonna google for what stuff to make it better...

is it just honda paint that scratches easily? my dad's nissan's been washed with that brush many times, and i don't see anything on his... or does the colour of the paint make a difference too? his is beige where as my civic is blue.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:22 PM
HCF Member

LMAO that brush is for your wheels......... I hate when I see idiots ruining their paint with a huge brush lmao.... thats just common sense dude... sorry.

Old 06-13-2010, 02:12 PM
HCF Member

Try some rubbing compound?

Old 06-13-2010, 02:18 PM

^+1 on the rubbing compound. Look for it by waxes and such.

Old 06-13-2010, 04:26 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
LMAO that brush is for your wheels......... I hate when I see idiots ruining their paint with a huge brush lmao.... thats just common sense dude... sorry.
well, how was I suppose to know the brush is only for tires? wish I had known b4... they should have like a sign on the brush or something.

Old 06-13-2010, 04:28 PM

The car wash places around me have little turn dials for what you want to use, along with a laminated poster next to it explaining what each is for.

Complain to the owner of the car wash place and see what happens. At least, maybe a poster will be put up in light of you b!tching at them about it.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:09 PM
HCF Member

I only use the 'sudsy scrubber' on my wheels. For the car I use a 'wash mitt'.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:23 PM
HCF Member

ive always used the brush on my car
why would they set up a whole brush like that just for wheels?

Quick Reply: carwash ruined my paintjob :(