General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Civic or Accent

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 07:48 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Civic or Accent

Lol just like i told my brother a couple of years ago, dont buy saturn it sucks, but no he had to see it for himself. So after a couple of years just wasting lots and lots of money on that car, guess which car he got now? honda. Actually he got the same car as me so we are the si brothers now lol

Old 03-09-2008, 08:01 PM
HCF Member

F*** older saturns. Saturn has some nice newer cars coming out though. All the automakers are stepping up their quality because Honda andToyota are pwning the market. Saturn has supposedly taken a BIG step. So has ford and Hyundai(Kia's will ALWAYS be garbage to me, no matter what). My dad has a 07 Santa Fe, and it's pretty nice. I laughed at first when he bought a new Hyundai, but I was pleasantly suprised when I first took a ride in it. I still won't touch a new GM...

Old 03-09-2008, 08:11 PM

As for saturns, my girlfriends mom has a 2006 Saturn Ion 2, and it sucks. The check engine light came on, and when she took it to the dealer, they pulled the code and told her it was an error. They couldn't get the code to go away either. I've driven it before and the blind spots are horrible. You can barely see outside the rear sides and back window, the A pillars are oversized and make seeing out the windshield more difficult, it feels too big, has extremely bouncy suspension, and has no room in the back seat. This car is 13 yearsnewer than mine, and is bigger, but has less interior room. You'd think that a company's car'sinterior design would be better than that of anothercar made 13 years prior to it, especially when it costs more. I read somewhere that the exterior body panels are made of plastic. hmmm...

I guess at least it looks better than older saturns.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:53 PM
HCF Member

People give them alot of grief but personally I've never had a problem with Hyundais. Of course the Civic is a better car but used Hondas hold there value really well. For those on a tight budget who just need a commuter car Hyundai's definately have their benefits. If it were me, I'd probably get the Accent.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:33 PM

now if you had to choose between a tiburon i'd get that but that's the only hyndai i'd ever consider buying. but im pretty sure the honda will last longer. but its up to you playa.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:25 AM

tht souldnt even b a op honda or acura to me is the right choice. my freind jus bought a 97 gs 2dr 5sp all leatherintegra with aminnor quaterpanel damage practiclay nothing 4$1.600 @ a actution.you just need 2 look harderand dont b n a rush.good luck

Old 03-10-2008, 02:33 AM
HCF Member

^+1 you can get some good deals at auctions. I know a lot of people that got their cars at auctions with good experiences.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:05 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: trustdestruction

As for saturns, my girlfriends mom has a 2006 Saturn Ion 2, and it sucks. The check engine light came on, and when she took it to the dealer, they pulled the code and told her it was an error. They couldn't get the code to go away either. I've driven it before and the blind spots are horrible. You can barely see outside the rear sides and back window, the A pillars are oversized and make seeing out the windshield more difficult, it feels too big, has extremely bouncy suspension, and has no room in the back seat. This car is 13 yearsnewer than mine, and is bigger, but has less interior room. You'd think that a company's car'sinterior design would be better than that of anothercar made 13 years prior to it, especially when it costs more. I read somewhere that the exterior body panels are made of plastic. hmmm...

I guess at least it looks better than older saturns.
The body panels are plastic. 2 years ago, my bf was on his sport bike on the highway and some biatch in a saturn tried to take him out with her car. He got pissed so he rode along side her and she flipped him off after she tried to hit him so he kicked her door panel and shattered it and took off.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:45 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Masonn

So has ford and Hyundai(Kia's will ALWAYS be garbage to me, no matter what).
Hyundais and Kias are the same thing, just different body styles. Its like Honda and Acura, or Chrysler and Dodge.
My ex has an '04 Kia Optima; it had a lot of nice features, but you could tell the interior was cheaply made, and her camshaft position sensor had to be replaced; but it was under warranty. Other than that, no problems. I just didn't like driving it cause it was a huge *** floaty car. I felt like I was driving a Ford Crown Victoria or something, whereas if you drive a Nissan Altima for example, its a lot sportier and more fun to drive. But I guess it should be since the Altima costs almost twice as much.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:28 PM

yea im goin to keep lookin on here for a civic and start goin 2 auctions but there isn't alot of civics in my community but hey i might get lucky.