General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

D16Y8 Engine?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 04:10 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by XGSROWNER
lol Sorry i forgot honda guys get all butt hurt if u dont get it right vtec hahaha.. I guess you are correct that is a low compression engine... but......high octaine contols the combustion so that more of the power can be extracted when it's being used in a high compression engine.

High compression causes the fuel to burn faster, resulting in the pistons being hit hard, like a hammer, when the fuel ignites. High octane allows the fuel to burn more evenly, allowing a high compression engine to develop more power. so on this car, i guess you are correct. and once again im soooo sorry i mis said your precious Vtec Get a life and Go FI.
^ WE understand what higher octane does lol. Silly Infinity guy

Last edited by Superfly; 10-15-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:30 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Right... i said its AROUND and when i had my GSR it poped and yes octain does help. gives you a better ride, a stronger feel and keeps your injectors clean so you can keep the performance your car has vs running ****ty gas or lower octain. as for boost haha i think everyone here knew what I meant by boost except for you.... my vtech used to kick in by 4000rmps at least thats when i would hear the "CHANGE IN THE SOUND THE MOTOR PRODUECES"

as everyone knows if you want more HP you need higher octain to mix your air/fule ratio. and im sure OP dont have FI. Ive had FI in every car i have ever owned GSR turbo,sti, GSX, and maybe really soon G35
It is PAINFULLY obvious that you have no clue what you're talking about.

If your GSR "popped," than it's probably a result of your lack of automotive knowledge combined with a will to add teh fastarrzzz.. "As everyone knows if you want more HP you need higher octain to mix your air/fule ratio." Did you smoke your breakfast? Higher octane fuel is used to reduce detonation caused by tweaks in the A/F ratio and modified timing. Running 93oct. in a STOCK Civic will not net you any power gains what so ever, nor will it change the way the car runs/drives/feels.

Pics of said GSR Turbo, STI, and GSX or BS, btw.. (we all know your frontin, your kind is not new here) Name:  icon_lol.gif
Views: 130
Size:  336 Bytes

lol Sorry i forgot honda guys get all butt hurt if u dont get it right vtec hahaha.. I guess you are correct that is a low compression engine... but......high octaine contols the combustion so that more of the power can be extracted when it's being used in a high compression engine.

High compression causes the fuel to burn faster, resulting in the pistons being hit hard, like a hammer, when the fuel ignites. High octane allows the fuel to burn more evenly, allowing a high compression engine to develop more power. so on this car, i guess you are correct. and once again im soooo sorry i mis said your precious Vtec Get a life and Go FI.
No ones getting butthurt. In fact, I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread has gotten a nice chuckle out of your posts. Thanks for the early morning entertainment.

Read up son, you've got a lot to learn.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

None of that will happen, ever. Good job dodging the facts and point entirely though.

Good luck on your google search.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:53 AM
HCF Member

^ You sir, have obviously not done your homework on Forty

Pics with a piece of paper saying "XGSROWNER....Suck it" must be in all pictures. That's fair i think

Old 10-18-2010, 04:19 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

LOL. Alright son, from what I can tell you are nothing more than a 17 year old who's parent's probably own a G35.

I see NO pictures of your boosted Teg. And, speaking of boostin tegs, why don't you post the full mod list so we can see how well you put the system together.

I see generic pics of a G35, wrx, and an sti.

None of the above proves anything.

As I mentioned in a previous post, you have NO automotive knowledge what so ever and it shows true in every post you make. It's okay man, we all had to start somewhere and get our learn on. You don't have to prove anything to us, no one gives two tenths of a **** if you don't know what you're talking about. Just stop spewing non-sense in tech threads before you mess someone else's ride up!

Keep the personal attacks and deragotory statements off of this forum.

Thanks, and have a nice day.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Super Cereal Admin

LOL. Just LOL.

Silly newfags.