General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Deer+Car= :-(

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 07:06 PM

everyone does championship white, i wouldn't do it
i think a really deep black would look amazing

like this
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26024078@N00/195058129/

Old 01-10-2009, 07:09 PM
HCF Member

Just a clean simple GLOSS black like that would be killer. and I would not have to worry about door jambs and under the hood. Should I go with a carbon hood as a replacement? or stay oem metal? My car is the flaminco black pearl already and it's ok but it has a brown-ish tint to it in the sun.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:20 PM

might as well get a carbon hood for replacement, just OEM style

i've heard horror stories of them flying off on the highway if you don't use hood pins.
i'd use the discreet hood pins, Reaper tells me they're called Aerocatch hood pins

Old 01-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Banned

damn i wanted your car

Old 01-11-2009, 04:52 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
might as well get a carbon hood for replacement, just OEM style

i've heard horror stories of them flying off on the highway if you don't use hood pins.
i'd use the discreet hood pins, Reaper tells me they're called Aerocatch hood pins
Yea i've seen those too. The push in kind that mount flush. There is a thread on here some where with a link to a site that sells 'em. I thought they also made some sort of heavy-er duty hood latch with some added safety precautions. it's designed for carbon hoods. ever heard about those? I was looking around and didn't really see anything.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:56 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by 96 Civic DX
damn i wanted your car
What part of mankato u in? i've got a few buddies up that way. Red Eg with a supercharged type-r swap. You may have seen it around.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:34 AM

I haven't heard of the heavy duty hood pins. I've actually heard of people having no problem without hood pins on a CF hood, but i've also heard horror stories of them flying off the car on the interstate and hitting the car behind them or smashing into their own windshield.

I would do more research before you spend money on hood pins, to find out if you really need them. I believe that with the more quality CF hoods, those are the ones you don't have to worry about. But the cheap ones, I think those are the ones that fly off the car without hood pins.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Banned

well i actually live in a really small town right next to mankato but if i would put that town noone would have a clue what it is so. im in mankato alot tho

Old 01-11-2009, 04:39 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
I haven't heard of the heavy duty hood pins. I've actually heard of people having no problem without hood pins on a CF hood, but i've also heard horror stories of them flying off the car on the interstate and hitting the car behind them or smashing into their own windshield.

I would do more research before you spend money on hood pins, to find out if you really need them. I believe that with the more quality CF hoods, those are the ones you don't have to worry about. But the cheap ones, I think those are the ones that fly off the car without hood pins.
I was talking about a replacement for the stock hood latch itself, making the hood pins unnecessary. But I'll definitly look into it more.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:25 PM
HCF Member

Well insurance totaled it and gave me more than I paid for it so I'm gonna fix it and get her back on the road. Plus I'll have plenty of money left over for wheels and other goodies! :-)

Quick Reply: Deer+Car= :-(