General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

do bolt on's add torque?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 06:33 PM
HCF Member

I'm just curious..when ya'll say "quick"..do ya'll mean quick from a dead start..or quick when steering?
If you say steering..that is true..Those civics are quick around corners, it's because it's not a heavy car like all these other horse-powered cars.

Now by "quick"..I hope you guys are not talking about "speed".

Old 12-21-2010, 07:23 PM
HCF Member

How the hell can so many people get the term quick mixed up?
Quick-fast-high in acceleration.
Civics are not quick. They are built for economy.
Evo's are quick. They are built for the tack.
Yes, a civic turns fast. This is due to weight and the lack of quickness. LOL.
By the time we get our hamsters running fast enough to hit any kind of real speed, we are needing to turn.
/story
/thread

Old 12-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Chubby Chaser

Lots of stickers = lots of power
Big wing = lots of torque

Old 12-22-2010, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by 94civichatchback
Lots of stickers = lots of power
Big wing = lots of torque
But apparently I'm the douche when I say it. :P At least in RDR's eyes I am the big ol' meanie saying stickers add power.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:43 PM
HCF Member

lol really. dude the joke is old. why bringer up?

Old 12-23-2010, 06:10 AM

OK, I'll stop and just wait for the next stupid thread you make.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:38 AM
HCF Member

I can't believe:
1: This tread is still open.
2: He keeps coming back for more.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:06 AM
HCF Member

so lets see. cvcr im new-ish to honda;s so that gives you the right to make fun of me? you were new once too. werent you?

Old 12-23-2010, 11:45 AM

As I already mentioned previously, I don't see where I personally attacked you, or made fun of you.

Yes, we were all new at one point. You are missing the point of searching before posting questions/threads. I have been an active member on the forum since 08/2007, and have created 52 threads. You? 09/2010 and have created 35 threads. In the time I have been here, I have had millions of questions. Most all of them were figured out by searching. Is it easy? Sometimes. Is it enjoyable (to search around and read)? No, but no one will spoon feed you all the information you need or ask for. All you can hope for is someone posted something on the interwebz, and that you can find it, especially when it is something extremely technical.

For example, I installed a Jackson Racing Supercharger onto my vehicle 10/2009. The system was used and did not come with any instructions. While installing it, a buddy of mine and I ran into numerous problems. Alot of things has to be modded and changed. The entire install took 40 hours from start to finish. We were lucky to find someone who did an install guide for a JRSC onto a CRX, after we searched around for about 5 hours. Even still, it did not have the exact information I needed, but helped. I could have either posted up a question (created a thread), and sat on my a$$ and waited for the answer to hopefully come to me, or I could use the time appropriately and search.

I am not stating to stop creating threads, just not as many pointless ones which have been covered 1,000's of times. I believe other members have expressed the exact same thoughts as I have to you in other threads which you have created. BTW, the "new to Honda's" line when you have been playing with them for 3+ months is not considered "new". Yes, concepts and mods may be new to you, but not to the Honda world as your car has been around for almost 20 years, which may or may not be older than you. Again, what I am trying to say is almost everything has been done to these cars, 90% of it is somewhere on the internet, just go out and try to find it first. My general rule is, search for an hour, if you still can't find anything, then post a thread with your question(s). If you take this post as an insult, just grow up and take it. This is one of the nicer forums I have ever been on. You would have been ripped into pieces by now on other forums which I have worked with.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 12-23-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by PunisherInOKC
I can't believe:
1: This tread is still open.
It might not be for long if the bickering continues.

Quick Reply: do bolt on's add torque?