HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   Do your doors unlock when you pull the handle? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/do-your-doors-unlock-when-you-pull-handle-56037/)

CivicMan33 11-22-2007 10:36 PM

Do your doors unlock when you pull the handle?

My old car unlocked when I pulled the handle to get out. My civic though stays locked and I have to unlock it myself, making it quite annoying. Do all civics do this? Is it an extra feature to have the door unlock with the handle and if so can it be added and for how much? I figured I'd pick the brains of fellow civic owners and see if you have had similar experiences and if you had it fixed. Thanks.

danomatic93 11-22-2007 10:45 PM

RE: Do your doors unlock when you pull the handle?

what year civic?

CivicMan33 11-22-2007 10:55 PM

Great_Big_Abyss 11-23-2007 06:04 AM

Unlocking the doors with the handle was NOT an option on the 7th gens. They just didn't come with it. As such, you can't get any parts for it from a dealer. Maybe, MAYBE there's an aftermarket manufacturer that makes something, but I doubt it, since it really isn't something that too many people gripe/care about.

I'm assuming you have a DX sans power locks?

mill$civic 11-23-2007 08:18 AM

On my 2000 they lock, but when you turn the car off they unlock.

Civic Si 00 11-23-2007 08:34 AM

ORIGINAL: mill$civic

On my 2000 they lock, but when you turn the car off they unlock.
It does the same thing on my 00 Si
Yeah my Viper alarm makes it look when engine is turned ONand unlock when engine is turned off

Mr Mobsta Man 11-23-2007 08:39 AM

My car's alarm will lock the doors when I turn the key to on, then unlock it when I turn it off. Basically, if you have keyless entry it will do the same as my car, mill$civic, and civic si 00's cars do. I have a 97 ex.

CivicMan33 11-23-2007 03:35 PM

Thanks for the replies everybody. Personally, I like the feature and wish it had it, never know when your engine might catch fire etc. I like having a quick exit as I always thought it was a safety thing (mugger jumps in car, lol). If it is not an option then no biggie, but I might later on look into an aftermarket part or something.

WhiteRabbit1021 11-23-2007 09:20 PM

ORIGINAL: CivicMan33

Thanks for the replies everybody. Personally, I like the feature and wish it had it, never know when your engine might catch fire etc. I like having a quick exit as I always thought it was a safety thing (mugger jumps in car, lol). If it is not an option then no biggie, but I might later on look into an aftermarket part or something.
Look into a good alarm. They have those options.

Civic Si 00 11-23-2007 10:16 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: CivicMan33

[/quote

The alarm I have will give you those feautures...."VIPER ALARMS"