HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   easiest/cheapest way to increase HP (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/easiest-cheapest-way-increase-hp-16114/)

deadphishy 01-29-2006 12:46 AM

easiest/cheapest way to increase HP

HI all! I just got a 2003 civic ex 2dr. And i was wondering what the easiest way to boost HP. I would like to do a few simple little things to just get my car over the edge. Thanks a lot.

Marty 01-29-2006 01:04 AM

RE: easiest/cheapest way to increase HP

intake
exhaust

dont expect much from that but those are the cheapest

00 Ess Eye 01-29-2006 01:09 AM

intake, exhaust system, ECU chip, header, NOS stickers(jk)

but welcome to the forum

Marty 01-29-2006 01:42 AM

There are no chips worth getting for the 7th gen civic's

97_nw 01-29-2006 03:03 AM

turbo <<< best bang for your buck hands down.

domestic disturbance 01-29-2006 08:42 AM

md i think he said cheap...cold air or short ram intake, exhauast, header, switch to a synthetic motor oil. These are the easiest and cheapest ways to add HP. they also wont rob you of gas mileage!!!

MccM 01-29-2006 12:28 PM

in my short... um... "carrier' of modding cars i have come to learn that big hp gains and cheap never really go together

drbyers 01-29-2006 12:48 PM

i'm gonna have to say "sponsor stickers" on the side of your car. lol.

BallardCivic 01-29-2006 01:25 PM

Go turbo.

Marty 01-29-2006 02:15 PM

no point in buying a intake or a header if your going turbo. pick your route early and stick with it or you'll end up loosing moey in the end.

Cutt 01-29-2006 02:17 PM

Welcome to the forum. By the time you buy a good I/H/E you could piece a turbo together for around the some price.

deadphishy 01-30-2006 12:35 AM

I just picked up a cold air intake from ebay for cheap. I'm not racing, and i have no intentions of turbo. If someone could help me out and tell me what is a good for a reasonable price. Intake manifold /exhaust headers and a exhaust system. I think that all i plan to do to this motor. I just want a little extra HP. and maybe better MPG if at all possible. And on the note of suspension. I want to Lower my car just a tad. Is there anything out there that will lower it but not give me problems with the rest of the Suspension. And i'm also looking into getting 17inch rims, to replace my stock EX 15 inch Allum. rims. Do you guys think this is a good idea. I've just always thought good rims made a car look 100% better.
Also what do you guys think of simple strut bars. Front upper and Rear lower and upper. Wi;; i feel a diff it i add them. It would be nice to have a little less sway in turns.

deadphishy 01-30-2006 01:04 AM

Also what gains do you guys think i'll get with upgrading my spark plugs. and could anyone recomend a brand and model.

Remmy 01-30-2006 09:36 AM

no gains... if at all for sparkies.

deadphishy 01-31-2006 11:36 PM

What about getting a strut set from ebay, will i notice anything from adding them?

Marty 02-01-2006 01:59 AM

yea a rough ride

NTX 02-01-2006 02:33 AM

ORIGINAL: deadphishy

I just want a little extra HP. and maybe better MPG if at all possible.
the cheapest way to get better performance & mpg's is to put your car on a diet. Power to weight.

Remmy 02-01-2006 09:02 AM

ORIGINAL: md420

yea a rough ride
I disagree. I got strut bars of the bay and it stiffened that car wonderfully. Its been widely proven that ebay strut are a hell of a deal.

Chimera02EX 02-01-2006 09:36 AM

Only 1 company so far that makes an intake manifold for the 7th gens, KMS, lots of poor reviews though, I'm working on a Skunk2 IM swap from a 96-00 right now, it's coming along, there is some work that is required... I have to talk to my mechanic to make sure that the car will still pass inspection before I start some of the custom work. I'll keep everyone posted soon as I can.

deadphishy 02-01-2006 10:00 AM

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga

ORIGINAL: md420

yea a rough ride
I disagree. I got strut bars of the bay and it stiffened that car wonderfully. Its been widely proven that ebay strut are a hell of a deal.
what kind did you get?
i'm looking at just getting a set, to save money on shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW

dj_ipirate 02-04-2006 06:03 PM

looks good. just know that your going to have to drill through some plastic to get the rear one on. you might not like the way it looks. but it will increase your rigidity. and just like sex, every little bit counts.[8D]

riceburner700 02-04-2006 06:14 PM

nitrous for short term use, but in the long run a turbo would be cheaper because of all the refills you would go through with nitrious