HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   General Civic Talk (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/)
-   -   Getting dent fixed or replacing part (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/general-civic-talk-16/getting-dent-fixed-replacing-part-47236/)

demigod 06-30-2007 07:04 PM

Getting dent fixed or replacing part

I have a dent on the front of my Civic just beside the hood, plusthe 3M protection was scratched.

Any idea if Honda could replace that part all together and how much I could be looking at?

[IMG]local://upfiles/12875/0D7DFCBC454D432A97230635303A385C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/12875/BCC0BD1187DD4CBEB8080D7E540400D9.jpg[/IMG]

civicexracer 06-30-2007 07:59 PM

RE: Getting dent fixed or replacing part

ur dealership will probably tell u they cant fix it and tell u to take it to a body shop(if they dont have one there). i see dents and scratches like that come in and usually we'll turn those ppl to some body shop. we fix minor dents like door dings and such and also fix minor scratches but a dent that big and a scratch that deep needs more than a quicktouch up.

demigod 06-30-2007 08:09 PM

There's only 4 Honda dealerships in the city and only 1 actually has a body shop.

Is getting that part replaced an option and if so, should I make sure my visa is paid off?

civicjoe 07-01-2007 05:41 AM

It looks like the dent is isolated on the fender. The cheapest route would probably be to just shop around for the cheapest and order a fender in that color it shouldn't run you more than $100, then you can have a body shop replace it. But to answer your question yes that can be replaced no problem that isn't that bad of a dent. I'm really sure it would be cheaper to replace the entire fender.

demigod 07-01-2007 09:27 AM

Thanks for the tip.

Hopefully, it doesn't take too long (and too much) once I find a good shop.

Can you order parts such as the fender directly through Honda?

Kommando 07-03-2007 03:52 AM

I can't really tell how bad the dent and scratches are from those pics, but a replacement would most likely be expensive unless the fender was used. You could try removing the dent with suction cups or dry ice. Talk to some paintless dent removal shops and see what they recommend.

addiction2bass 07-03-2007 05:34 AM

ya id just buy a new fender..... call around some junk yards ya never know if they could have a perfect fender in the same color ;)

tho for color ya might have to pay them more if ya tell them ya want it in blue..... i know my junk yard here does if you even ASK for a specific color and they got it its like 50bucks more for that color.... :(
so lately i go around walking thru thier yards to check myself and tell them which one i want.LOL