General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Getting A Hatch...I Need Some Opinions/Help

Old 08-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Default Getting A Hatch...I Need Some Opinions/Help

Ok so my friend is selling his 93 Civic Hatch to me for like 600 bucks

The interior is perfect, the motor and tranny is fine. It already has I/H/E and it has racing wheels I forgot what kind though. The only problem is he got into an accident recently with it and basically it needs a radiator, bumper, condensor, radiator mount, and some touch up work on the hood and a few other dings.

I plan to get a good bumper, and maybe a few other parts from a junkyard. I'm going to buy a hole new radiator and hoses. And w/e else it needs I will get.

Before I start driving this car I'm going to fix all of the damage and then get the dings worked out and my mom is nice enough to buy me my paint job. I think I'm going to go with championship white, which is its origional color. And I'm also going to get some new headlights.

Future Plans
B16A or turbo the D
New Wheels
Tinted Windows
Adjustable suspension and the works
Etc

Anyways, I was in need of some opinions whether I should get the car, and what I should do with it, what parts I should get, etc. I can spend about $150 a week on the car, not to mention I have a couple hundred saved up. Plus I still have my current car so I have as long as I need to do up the hatch.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:44 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Getting A Hatch...I Need Some Opinions/Help

Well if your moms buying you a paint job i would get a real nice color

Old 08-14-2007, 08:31 PM

ORIGINAL: ksull

Well if your moms buying you a paint job i would get a real nice color
white is nice, looks clean.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:11 PM

+1 for white cars

my opinion would be to work on engine before paint job because unless u are extremely careful, u might get the nice new paint scratched even if u are carefull accidents happen. i assume u are going to upgrade ur radiator since ur replacing it. i have a fluidyne ( it came with car) and it works wonderfully but i have heard good things about even the ebay aluminum radiator. and if you are going to build up the car is it really worth it to put ac back in it? i checked ur profile and it said u live in road island, i cant imagine u needing the air too often. it saves power and money.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:51 AM

ORIGINAL: jeff948594

+1 for white cars

my opinion would be to work on engine before paint job because unless u are extremely careful, u might get the nice new paint scratched even if u are carefull accidents happen. i assume u are going to upgrade ur radiator since ur replacing it. i have a fluidyne ( it came with car) and it works wonderfully but i have heard good things about even the ebay aluminum radiator. and if you are going to build up the car is it really worth it to put ac back in it? i checked ur profile and it said u live in road island, i cant imagine u needing the air too often. it saves power and money.
well my plan was to get the car looking good and driving nicely before i do the engine for a few reasons...the engine is a d15....im not going to do up a d15 so im going to have to do a b16 swap which means i will have to save up for a few months.

so before i do the motor im going to fix the damages, get new headlights, upgrade radiator, and get a nice paint job.

i plan to buy the car probably tomorrow but i have to see when i can get it lifted to check for a bent frame...the car was in 2 semi minor accidents. 1 being a hit driver side door which was replaced and the other one was a hit in the front (he hit car infront of him). the frame shouldnt be bent because really only cosmetic things broke besides the radiator...

thats for the opinions, keep em coming i like to here what people have for advice.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:17 PM
HCF Member

Don't worry about 'frame' damage. These cars are unibody. If nothing's way out of alignment from side to side and vertically as well, press on.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Type RB

Don't worry about 'frame' damage. These cars are unibody. If nothing's way out of alignment from side to side and vertically as well, press on.
well come to find out iv been workin alot this week and i managed to save up 300 more bucks and i already have about a grand i can spend, so im going to wait 1 week make about 300 more and buy a hatch that i found nearby, hes askin 2gs but he said he'll take 1500 cash. Its a stock d16z6 with gsr wheels, 2.5" piping, aem intake and some other minor **** etc. but i plan to turbo it over the winter.

but yea, go eg!