General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

is this a good buy?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Default is this a good buy?

There is a customized blue Honda Civic for sale near my house. It's got a turbo and the typical bolt-ons on it (cold air, cat-back exhaust, etc.) It has the premium leather interior package with the sports seats. Overall, seems to be in really good shape, but the repaint on it was really crappy. The thing is, though, he's asking $2900 for the car. That seems awfully low, don't you think?

Do you think its a flood car or a rebuit wreck? I'd post the VIN but I forgot to write it down. He says it has a clear title, but you can't trust anyone these days. Would've taken pics but my camera phone battery was dead.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:51 AM
HCF Member

What year is it and how many miles are on it? How does it run? A turbo engine that has been abused probably wont last to long, especially if none of the internals were done. My advice, take it for a good test drive and pay close attention to any noises or problems it might have. Use your common sense and whatever knowledge you have to determine what kind of condition its in. And do a check on the VIN. Cause if the only problem with it is a bad paint job then its a good buy. If there is even minor problems that could later develop into major problems then its a bad buy.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Beretta
What year is it and how many miles are on it? How does it run? A turbo engine that has been abused probably wont last to long, especially if none of the internals were done. My advice, take it for a good test drive and pay close attention to any noises or problems it might have. Use your common sense and whatever knowledge you have to determine what kind of condition its in. And do a check on the VIN. Cause if the only problem with it is a bad paint job then its a good buy. If there is even minor problems that could later develop into major problems then its a bad buy.
ditto
we need a lot more info to tell you if this is probably a good purchase or not

p.s. if it has a turbo, it doesn't have a cold air intake