General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Got a Civic but not SI...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Default RE: Got a Civic but not SI...

I didnt ask for the EX. and we bought the EX used.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:08 PM

wow you'll probably roll a bit into the loan. Might be better off keeping what you've got. I came from a285hp wrx to a 140hp Civic and I have no complaints.

One more bit of advice for not having your car stolen... NEVER tell a shop (tuner shop, stereo shop) where you live. Give them a false address or something. Too many people have had their stuff stolen from the people that install it. It does happen.

Old 06-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Recognized HCF Member

another bit of advice if ya take it to a shop... take out your registration paper as well.. thats got your adress printed on it...
but ANYTHING i have done to my car i stay and watch them the whole time OR i instal it myself which is what i do most the time i just have shops to specific stuff... and so far thats just the TINT when it was bone stock and alignment after i instaled my hp.stechs...

Old 06-17-2007, 11:16 AM
HCF Member

where do you get someone to install all those extra sirens and those four sensors you talked about..i want that on my car now. i have the KARR alarm (got it from the dealership) do you guys think that is good?

Old 06-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well a good car alarm... well mostly check how its instaled... hit every door see if the warning chirp or full triggers go off..... try opening the hood and truck and seeing if the alarm goes off... if any areas are not triggering the alarm system then its either crap or needs the apropriate sensors instaled to protect everywhere!

but for the sirens most people use these mini pizos or something like that... put one under dash... one under drivers seat... one in front of car and one in rear of car... while still trying to hide the sirens outta sight and wires outta reach so they cannt just yank the wires out! but if ya got several sirens not only will it be loud as F*** but also be harder for them to silience all of them quickly....

main thing you want with a good system is a backup battery for the alarm system, alarm system hidden and tied up and outta the way from peoples hands....
cause lets face it... thats the best you can do for these amature theives..... any pro would just tow truck it...... if i was a thief thats how id do it... lets face it.... who would be suspisious of a car ontop of a tow truck or trailer with its alarm going off???????? anyone....... not me....... id just be like.... HAHAHAHHAAHAAHA SOMEONE DIDNT PAY THIER CAR PAYMENT AND ITS GETING REPOED....lmfao come on wouldnt you! LOL

Old 06-17-2007, 11:56 AM
HCF Member

lmao true. i think im gonna go to an alarm shop now even though im not too worried about my car liek that...never b 2 sure..

Old 06-18-2007, 11:53 AM
HCF Member

It is not worth it. You'll lose gas mileage andyou will alsolose at least $5,000.00 in value of your current car.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:24 PM

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

cause lets face it... thats the best you can do for these amature theives..... any pro would just tow truck it...... if i was a thief thats how id do it... lets face it.... who would be suspisious of a car ontop of a tow truck or trailer with its alarm going off???????? anyone....... not me....... id just be like.... HAHAHAHHAAHAAHA SOMEONE DIDNT PAY THIER CAR PAYMENT AND ITS GETING REPOED....lmfao come on wouldnt you! LOL
i kno this is a bit late lol. i've only been a member here for like, idk, 2 mins lol.
i was searchin bout alarms and have to say reading this made me...
LMAO!