General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

got my new paging TRUE color alarm instaled. :)

Old 02-11-2008, 06:47 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default got my new paging TRUE color alarm instaled. :)

just nothing else to do than rant.... UPS is so freaking slow! and knowing them i wont get my alarm/remote starter until late tonight and wont have enough time to instal it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:IT&ih=018

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3crpf287dK4

im just crossing fingers that i can wire up the system to be somewhat safe since my 94s a manual.... either way this will be the first time i will ever instal the remote starter kill switch so i can turn it off for valet when i have any work done.
try to figure out how to hook up the alarm to the Ebrake handle at least.

and i cannt wait to try out this taplock unit out... think looks preaty cool! i might have to buy a few more for my other vehicles to make it easier to get into them.

http://www.wolfcominnovations.com/vi...video_0001.wmv

im not going to do anything special with the instal because im not to worried about theft to much, main thing i want is the remote starter/keyless entry. the alarm is just a minor deterent for am mature thieves.
my cars are fully insured so its no bidg deal if they want it they can take it. plus my cars parked in my garage when ever im home, so only have to worry when im at work or shoping.

i thought about the cheaper paging system they sell, cause ive used their older 2remote systems which worked great, but the coolness of the color remote control won me over... TO BAD i couldnt put a civic as the car.LOL but what can ya do... still preaty sweet package deal... tho i probably wont use all their extra sensors or what not but cool to try out some new toys. i just wish it came with a tilt sensor but they wont swap out any sensors for it i tried.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:21 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: i hate ups. they so slow! im waiting on my new alarm system.

Yuck. i bought an alarm similar to that from ebay.....something wolf. When i took it to install experts, they kept on making fun of the name but i told them to go ahead and install it. Well that alarm sucked i had it off the car within the week

Old 02-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Snail'n Admin

yea, addiction, i dont know if i woudl have bought an alarm from eGay. Not with something thats important like that

Old 02-11-2008, 04:43 PM
HCF Member

Yeah same here. Bought one off ebay and now I just ended up getting name brand at circuitcity and use the one from ebay as spare parts for other installations.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well ive bought..... 4-5 alarms from that ebay seller alone and afew more off ebay as well..
and never had ANY PROBLEMS!

i instal them myself so i know its done good, and only problem i have ever had was one that i instaled on my dads 96jimmy BUT it was my dads fault. he sat on the lcd paging remote control and broke it.LOL

ive got the system ALMOST all instaled. i just have to wire up a few triggers, hood,doors, trunk, shock sensor as well, and then start playing with the extra parts i got.

what kinda alarms did you guys buy from ebay? cause ive had probably a dozen alarms off ebay and never had any problems. i think your instal shop just sucked... or hooked it up wrong just so you would come back and buy one from them and pay instal fee again....
or was it just shock sensor issues? cause i have noticed it takes alot of testing to get them set JUST RIGHT..... otherwise they wont trigger or the wind will set them off.

but either way i dont expect it to save the car and be foolproof... cause lets face it- its a manual so a push start is nothing to bypass a starter kill.. and even easier for a tow truck to drag it up and drive off alarm screaming or not...
i just mainly wanted the keyless entry and remote starter as well.

but their is 1 problem i have ran into that was not expected. every other alarm ive bought had a remote start toggle switch to be able to deactivate the remote start feature BUT this alarm doesnt have it [:@] kinda mad about that BUT i will work around it by just using a relay wired to the Ebrake switch, already have the Ebrake wired up to a diode because it had a slight ground at rest from feedback, but i have the wire already i just have to wire up a relay to it now.

but now im cold and tired! been instaling it for 4.5hours already so ive given up on the small details!
i do have the keyless entry working, remote starter working so thats the MOST important to me right now... well the ebrake its also important but im to cold and i have to work tomorow. its only 15degrees out right now and my garage has "no heat" so ive just had my coveralls on and a small @ss electric heater aimed in from the passenger door...... so.... ya im cold.
maybe ill get lucky and we will get alot of snow overnight and ill have a good reason to call off work..... probably not tho.
well so far so good with the instal......

Old 02-12-2008, 06:43 AM
HCF Member

Good luck on the rest of the install man. I wish you lived closer i would go see you for a alarm install since im always worried about were i take my car for stuff like that.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya these typical best buy instal bays and other shops can be shady or just ghetto....

my first alarm i bought from bestbuy for my 66impala and they charged me an extra 80bucks to instal a BASIC alarm! nothing else and still my front parking lights didnt work with the alarm only the rear taillights. ghetto as hell! after i saw what they did for the instal I WAS PISSED!!!!! and ever since then ive never paid to have anything electrical every again!

tho it takes me longer than them BUT i know its done right! and its SOMEWHAT clean looking.
i have my alarm mounted behind the steel knee brace on my 94 and it fits great back their! no way anyones going to be able to just reach under the dash and rip the wires out. [8D]
and all the important wires are taped up to factory wires!

i was going to finish up the instal tonight BUT i went out to eat with friends after work and its a icy mess on the roads and my car is COVERED in ice. so i might have to wait till my next day off to finish up.
tho i do have one MINOR issue thats completly my bad but minor... the freaking front parking lights i cut the wires to and wired them up to the angle eyes only and now its hard to see from a distance if it gets the signal or not, and since i havent instaled the antena where it should the distance isnt that great..... so i need to buy some more diodes and wire up a led or something to mount around the rear view mirror so i can see a parking light indicator from the alarm system. i think one of my prewired superflux white leds should work great!

Old 02-12-2008, 03:21 PM
HCF Member

Yeah, I got mine off ebay too. It's a lot better knowing that you did the job right, and knowing EXACTLY where everything is. I'm somewhat paranoid....

Old 02-12-2008, 03:30 PM
HCF Member

Ya I've experienced a ghetto install from circuit city. I remember thinking I would remove the alarm before the insurance came and took away my Civic (it was rear ended and deemed a total loss...) Anyways I looked at the alarm and decided not to touch it, but I also noticed what a ****ty job they did installing it. Bare wire bundles tie wrapped and impacted into connectors, loose wires going this way and that. I imagine if someone were to try and steal that car it would be pretty simple to disable the alarm.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about alarms and I don't really see them as much of a theft deterrent. Someone should develop a damaging siren that sounds inside the car. So people outside are annoyed but with no permanent hearing loss. However if you open the door and try to go inside its a different story told at 300 decibels or something ridiculous.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well main thing to remember a alarm will just HOPEFULLY prevent immature thieves.... or maybe some smash and grabbers...
but anybody that REALLY wants your ride is going to get it. all it takes is a tow truck or flatbed, trailer and a winch, car dolly.... blablabla

i still have full coverage insurance on the car! so either way ill be covered. if the want the car that bad they can take it.....
its only a toy to me. it can always be replaced!

if anyone wants to learn how to instal their own alarms i HIGHLY SUGGEST www.the12volt.com
thats where i learned a lot from when i started beginning... other than that just remember you dont have to use "every wire" on the system.LOL i have ruffly 10wires that im not using because its not needed.

only thing that scares me is the manual tranny remote starting, so im trying to keep the motor running, get out of the car and then turn off the remote starter that way im sure its in neutral. i just hope i dont forget or have a accident!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: got my new paging TRUE color alarm instaled. :)