General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

has anyone

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Default has anyone

gotten pulled over for having smoked tails? i just got some for my b-day i know its illegal but i want to know if its really "enforced"

Old 02-18-2008, 09:38 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: has anyone

Some COPS are **** and they will nail you. I stay in California. Here it just depend who you bump into..GOOD luck

Old 02-18-2008, 09:43 PM

yea im in southern cali as well i think if ur just driving like normal cops wont really give a ****. now if your drivin like a ******** then yea that gives them another reason to pull you over and ante up on ur ticket.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:51 PM
HCF Member

Cops are ****** here. Once I got pulled over in Moreno Valley driving my Accord. I was coming back home. They stopped me. But since my record is clean 100% and couldn't find crap on methey just gave me a FIX a ticket for rear sidebumperclear lights. Once you get pulled over they will try to find something against You. Unless they got laid..They wont bug you..lol

Old 02-18-2008, 09:53 PM
HCF Member

as far as i know here in Ny smoked out tails arent illegal, as long as u can see ur brake lights, taillights and turn signals its pretty much ok... and as for clear side markers when did those become illegal?

Old 02-18-2008, 09:58 PM

i think they've always been. they have to be the amber colour.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:07 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 93CivicShaved

as far as i know here in Ny smoked out tails arent illegal, as long as u can see ur brake lights, taillights and turn signals its pretty much ok... and as for clear side markers when did those become illegal?
Not talking about side markers...I was talking about my 94 accord. REAR bumper side lenses. They come Red from Factory I installed clear ones with some super white bulbs.
These are the bulbs..Great stuff

Old 02-18-2008, 11:58 PM
HCF Member

Cops are super picky about tint around here, but if you keep the tint legal they don't say anything, and my friend with a Cobalt who has both his headlights and taillgiths tinted with 2 shades of Nightshade has gotten a fix-it ticket on his tint on his front windows, yet htey didnt say a thing about the tint of either his head or tail lights. I think just a few coast on the tails won't get oyu in trouble; they don't look that ridiculously dark, and if you always drvie with your lights on they'll shine through so it's not like the cops can say your red taillgights aren't visible through the tint. Just don't go overboard, i say 2 coats at the most.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:51 AM

The question is not whether or not the light shines through. Most legislation is written which dictates that the light must be "clearly" visible at a stated, specific distance from the rear of the vehicle. "Clearly" is open to interpretation by the officer. Bottom line....The answer to your original question is "It depends." Is the LEO having a bad day? Did you do something to provoke his attention? Is it near the end of the month and does he/she have a few more tickets to write to meet expectations (interpret: quota)...and on, and on, and on. In short, you pays your money and takes your chances.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:14 AM
HCF Member

when i had my taillights tinted i got pulled over for them.i think it was like $75 ticket he gave me or sumthin and ofcourse he saw my exhaust too anyways i just sanded my taillight down so they looked normal and sent it in not guilty and the court mailed me back and said they dropped the case.it all depends on the cop.i literally had a cop tell me that some cops are ****** and others are laid back, guess it all depends who pulls you over