General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Hatchbacks are rare?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Default RE: Hatchbacks are rare?

Wow, I never realized how rare the 92-95 hatches are. I always swore I'd never buy a civic because it seems like everyone around me has one. But now I have my 93 hatch it seems like i never see one around me. I also like that theyre going up in price as my original plan was to buy a project car and sell it in a few years....Now it looks like i may wait longer.....I got mine for a thousand, but theres no point on it...no interior, and tegra LS seats that are only held in by 2 bolts. But ya know what? I couldn't be happier with my hatch.Good luck and i hope you find one!

Old 05-02-2006, 07:23 PM

it seems like all the hatches i find are all modded. I guess its a popular hobby.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:35 PM

By the way, go with the black hatch, it looks nice and clean, just the way i like em...but thats personal opinion of course

Old 05-02-2006, 08:14 PM

ORIGINAL: TeamExodusPres

By the way, go with the black hatch, it looks nice and clean, just the way i like em...but thats personal opinion of course
i think thats more or less the opinion of all respectable honda owners on this site. I am gonna go have a looksie at it this weekend so i hope that it all goes well. I may go have a look at the blue one just for kicks too since they are within like 10 miles of each other.

Old 05-03-2006, 05:06 AM

Yes i meant the black one also.. like i said better to start with a near stock base and change what you want.. rather than having to replace/fix something that somebody else tore up/out.. for instance i notice non matching blue mirrors and no side molding on the blue one right off the bat.. that and a HUGE riced out wing that makes the car look like a spaceship.. But if you like the persons style and what they have modded for the cost then its up to you..

Old 05-03-2006, 07:51 AM

ORIGINAL: mentaldis0rder

Yes i meant the black one also.. like i said better to start with a near stock base and change what you want.. rather than having to replace/fix something that somebody else tore up/out.. for instance i notice non matching blue mirrors and no side molding on the blue one right off the bat.. that and a HUGE riced out wing that makes the car look like a spaceship.. But if you like the persons style and what they have modded for the cost then its up to you..
thats what i would trying to figure out. If the cost was low enough to de rice it, take care of the stuff, and still be a good deal. Im going to look at both but as of now im liking the black one alot.

Old 05-03-2006, 03:40 PM
HCF Member

I say go for the blue one and de-ricify it.... I like that color on a hatch, cause I've never seen it.

Burn the wing, put amber corner lights back on it, black review mirrors... and (body kit not withstanding) it's not that bad... it will just take some love and work. With the 2,500 price diff you really could clean it up.

But then again I'm biased cause I'll take the eg over the ek any day...

Old 05-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Cat Fuсker

I'll take an EG over an EK any day....but I have an EK and eyelids for the headlights kinda fix the uglyness of the EK

Old 05-03-2006, 05:18 PM

another big quesiton is what engines are in both? And how many miles? which apparenlty, since im pretty new to hondas, doesn't matter too much cause mine has over 200K and it hasn't missed a beat since i bought it, damn i LOVE my EG!!!!!!

Old 05-03-2006, 05:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Little Black Hatch

I say go for the blue one and de-ricify it.... I like that color on a hatch, cause I've never seen it.

Burn the wing, put amber corner lights back on it, black review mirrors... and (body kit not withstanding) it's not that bad... it will just take some love and work. With the 2,500 price diff you really could clean it up.

But then again I'm biased cause I'll take the eg over the ek any day...
hmm i wonder if he painted the stock bumpers too.

Quick Reply: Hatchbacks are rare?