General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

head lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 09:32 AM
HCF Member
Default head lights

so a couple months back i bought these smoked halo projector headlights, and there was or is a sticker on them that said not to use HID bulbs. this obviously wasnt information that they stated in the auction. why cant you use HID bulbs? you can bearly see with them as it is unless your have the brights on, so HID bulbs would help. i was just curious.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:04 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: head lights

it could be one of those pointless stickers like you get with your exhaust "for offroad use only" i would have to say that they just dont want you to modify their product, i cant see any problem with it. but then again i am no expert on HIDS.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:21 AM
HCF Member

i am running 6000k hid's on my projector headlights for the past 3 months and they are still working. they are brighter than stock but not as bright as putting hid's on regular headlights

Old 05-07-2008, 08:45 PM
HCF Member

how would i go about doing it. the lights i bought have a pigtail that connects to the factory connector, and there are 2 lights 1 for high and 1 for low. both lights look completely different from what were in the factory ones. i havent pulled the lights out of the headlight assembly yet so i dont know for sure they are different, but the bulbs look different.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:26 PM

they say not to use HIDs simply because they are not designed to work with HIDs optimally. The beam could glare into oncoming traffic drivers' eyes and blind the driver. However, you can use the HIDs, they just might glare. It's not like they're incompatible.
Also, it's illegal to equip a car with HIDs that didn't come with them. They are merely protecting themselves from lawsuit or something of that nature by telling you not to use them. If someone sued them because of it, since they have the sticker, all they have to do is be like "we told them not to do it and we did not encourage it." It's kinda like a warning label on a box of tylenol.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:52 PM
HCF Member

good to know. looks like i might be puting the HIDs back in my car.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:50 PM
HCF Member

so here are some pics of what im working with and what i want to put in. will the lights for the factor headlights work or do i need to get something different?

here are the lights i want to put in that i already have from when i had the factory lighting assembly on the car.

here are the pics of the halo lights wiring and current bulb that was sent.

Old 05-11-2008, 05:58 PM
HCF Member

You have the same lights I do. I put sylvania silverstars in but I believe they are designed for HID'd regardless of the sticker because they cut the beam off like they would be with a retro-fit. Do you have a problem with them fogging up in the rain?

Old 05-11-2008, 06:54 PM
HCF Member

i think putting hids on wouldn't matter. the output is a reflector issue and not a bulb issue. i mean that you will have the same cutoff but i don't know if the glare would be an issue if you put hids on. i have hids on a stock housing and from an illumination and "cool" standpoint, nothing beats it. its temperature is also cooler than stock halogens so no worries of overheating your housing.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:05 PM
HCF Member

those are not hid light. They are hid wannabes. Hid lights include a ballast and cost a lot more. Those headlights i would stay away from because people say it melts the wiring to the lights.

Quick Reply: head lights