General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Help a girl out...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 11:38 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Help a girl out...

i feel there is too much rust on that car for its own good... i wouldnt get it you can find much better... where you at? i just saw a 4 door 5 speed dx in eastern pa..the only think looked wrong with is was the front right fender was a different color..and the hood was a lil thick gapped...well the interior was multicolored panels too..one was bright orange 2 were white and one was tan..other then that it was in good condition selling for 1300

Old 01-10-2006, 11:52 PM

Wow. Heh. Can anyone point out exactly why they are opinionated like this? I mean... I am a girl here...

Old 01-10-2006, 11:58 PM
HCF Member

rust is bad... that means you would have to restore that part of ur car and if theres rust on it then its just gonna keep rusting till ur body is no more... its not good to have that much rust on a car cause it looks like its been sitting..of the owner didnt care about it... if the owner didnt care to upkeep his body then he probably didnt do the maintence work on the engine... laziness is the number one killer of cars.. well besides accidents... as for the rear fender it looks too close to the rear suspension which means that back tire could be offset... which means poor handling...more prone to accidents..thats just me bsing i guess..if anyone wants to back up what i said feel free...

Old 01-11-2006, 12:22 AM

we cant tell you exactly whether to get it or not but most of us are saying its not a good idea so look for something else unless you really trust it

Old 01-11-2006, 11:01 AM

True true. Well, while it does seem too good to be true I'm going to give it a shot and ask for underside pictures of the chassis and frame and etc.. I have other pictures of the car at different angles and it looks as if the car only has the rust in that one spot. ::Shrugs.::

I know the headers were never replaced and look horrid because the car was supposed to have a turbo installed, but never happened. I'll most likely replace the headers myself... Someone just mentioned the fact that the rear tire may be offset, but does it help if I say the rear axles have been completely replaced with Acura Integra axles. From the sounds of it this entire car is a Acura Integra in a Civic body...

-Jen.

Old 01-11-2006, 11:33 AM
HCF Member

front wheel well looks a lil bit rusted... header doesnt matter if the body is falling apart while ur driving down the highway and ur soon left with just four tires the frame ur seat and the engine.... sounds like you really should double think that... civics are made to be civics...nothing against acura..or the pricey swaps..but i wouldnt really trust it...and i deff wouldnt let him come to ur house....make him meet you somewhere public..and take a friend or relative

Old 01-11-2006, 04:46 PM

ORIGINAL: my_hidden_romance

fand i deff wouldnt let him come to ur house....make him meet you somewhere public..and take a friend or relative
I have 6'4" boyfriend that has done Muai Tai (sp?) for the last ten years... I'm not worried. lol

-Jen.

Old 01-11-2006, 05:11 PM
HCF Member

Yeah but what if he sells you the car gets a hotel room and then later that night comes back with spare keys and drives back home with the cash in his pocket. There is a guy in morristown that got done that way.

Old 01-11-2006, 05:54 PM
mxs
HCF Member

If you have connections with someone who does bodywork, it could be worth the money. You can buy pieces to weld in and repair the rust above the rear wheel wells. If you buy it, what are your plans?

Old 01-11-2006, 06:17 PM

if you want to spend a lot of extra money to fix it up, then have at it. if not, you probably shouldnt bother buying that type of beat up car

Quick Reply: Help a girl out...