General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Honda Civic 2010 Brake Pedal Noise

Old 08-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Default Honda Civic 2010 Brake Pedal Noise

Hello there,

I bought Honda Civic 2010 LX Sedan about a month back. After a week I started noticing a strange noise in the brake pedal. This noise would not come in the morning when I take out the car out of the garage and will slowly start coming up the more I drive on the day (in particular, the more I use the brake). The noise comes when the brake pedal goes down (at the initial part) - the noise was like "graaaaaaak." After a week of my purchase I went to a nearby Honda dealer. They inspected the car and said everything was okay. The noise is because the brake system is setting up the inter-lock system and hence this noise and it should go away the more you drive, the service person said. Last week I happened to drive my friends car (the same model as mine) and did not notice any such noise in his car and he also confirmed that my car is making some strange noise which he never had in his car. Then I took it to the dealer where I bought the car and they inspected it for an hour or so and said they suspect the brake booster. They said that they will order a new one and asked me to bring my car today and said that this service would take about 2 hours. Today I brought my car to the dealer. I got a courtesy car from them because I had to come to my office. After two hours they called and said that it will take more than what they expected and it should be ready by tomorrow afternoon. When I asked then what exactly the problem is, they said that they are not sure of it.

Sorry for this long story. Has any of you experienced similar or same problem in their new Honda Civic 2010 LX Sedan model? If so, please share your experience and solutions if the problem was fixed in your car.

Thanks.
-Lenin.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:05 AM
HCF Member

Not many people on this forum have 8th Gen civic. So you might not get the reply that you want. You can join 8thcivic forum. That site is for 2006-2010 civics, so you might get a faster reply there. But welcome to the forum, hope you stay as we are a very fun knowleagble forum.