General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Honey comb in my muffler!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Default Honey comb in my muffler!

Ok heres a little behind the story. I have a 00ex with a v2intake, dc headers, and a GReddy SP2exhaust. A little while ago i was driving on the freeway and my check engine light comes on. The guy at hona said it was my cat. I put my exhaust on today and it was hella loud. I thought SP2 were quiet. When i took my old exhaust off i shoot my muffler, and there was a bunch of silver honey comb stuff in it. My question is is the honey comb from my cat? Or what is it from. I think it might be so then at would mean my cat is pretty much hollowed out. If i get a new cat will the exhaust be quiet and nice?

Old 06-16-2007, 08:20 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Honey comb in my muffler!

Take the cat off and check it out.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:01 PM
HCF Member

my friend has something like that happen to his ebay muffler, the internals of the muffler came out, it just hapened one day, he just replaced the muffler and everything ws back to normal.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:22 AM

Ya it could be the muffler to. But what does the inside of your cat look like. Cause i thought GReddy Sp2 was a quiet exhaust, but it is way loud. So that is why i thought that my cat blew out and thats what was making it so loud. Thanks for the imput. I am just tired of my exhaust problems!

Old 06-17-2007, 04:37 PM
mxs
HCF Member

the inside of the cat is a very fine screened honeycomb-ish material

Old 06-17-2007, 05:52 PM

yea if the cat is bad it will make the car alot louder. so take it off and check it out..

Old 06-17-2007, 06:49 PM
HCF Member

take a peek at the cat to give yourself a better idea.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:39 AM

Ok i took off the cat and the side closest to the header had a few screens but only for like a few inches. But from there back, there is nothing. Is there supposed to be screens threw the whole cat, like end to end? When i looked in the side that had no screens, the closest screen i could see had what looked like melted something. It looked like a sliver melted metalor something like that.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:45 AM
mxs
HCF Member

well it ends like an inch or two from the flanges... it's not COMPLETELY solid, but it should go almost all the way through

Old 06-18-2007, 09:08 AM

Ya from the first flang the one by the header with the 2 bolts, it has screens about a inch or 2 in. After that it is hallow. When i took my muffler off there was this honey comb stuff that looked like burnt wood pieces. When i stepped on it, they would turn to dust.

Quick Reply: Honey comb in my muffler!