General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

2016 Civic 10th Generation - Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 09:41 AM
Default 2016 Civic 10th Generation - Sedan

I am happy that Honda just unveiled the 10th Generation 2016 Civic Sedan. But there are good things, and not such pleasant things I want to point out. First the good, the all-LED lights in the upper trim models are a plus. Additionally, the 2-layered idiotic dash design with the large center analog tachometer where the speedo should be has finally been dispensed with! And even though I have not taken a ride yet, Honda's spokesperson during the unveiling stated that this is the most quiet ride in a compact car--hmmm ok--no more clunky-tin-can-feel-every-bump ride anymore? And useful rear seating for normal to taller passengers. And finally, an i-vtec 2.0 engine (where's the earthdreams engine?) and a 1.5L Turbo Charged option. These are the highlights of the good!

The not-so-good....well, this body design doesn't look so original. Take a look at the Mazda 6. Notice the front fender design that has an arching eyebrow? Now take a look at the 10th Gen Civic fender--semo semo--and zoom zoom--LoL! The rear portion of the car has less trim appointments just like the 9th Gen ugly duckling before they did the face lift! I've owned an HF with this horrendous absence of "Bling Bling" factor, but now own a 2015 EXL-Navi where all is forgiven (BTW, beautiful car but feels and drives like a sardine can on wheels!)--I imagine Honda will add the extra trim as the 10th Gen updates evolve thru the latter years!

I will update my post when I get a chance to test drive one. Perhaps once I see one in the flesh, I could overlook the design plagiarized from Mazda and see this new Civic as once again, the re-crowned king of the road in the world of compact cars!