General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

How much horsepower does a 1.5 liter have in a honda civic straight from japan?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Default How much horsepower does a 1.5 liter have in a honda civic straight from japan?

i have a 1993 honda civic that is straight from japan still has the made in japan sticker under the hood and everything and im wondering how many horses it has before my short ram intake which gave it 4-5 more horses.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:12 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: How much horsepower does a 1.5 liter have in a honda civic straight from japan?

HERE ARE THE STATS.

Also, you cannot be sure that it added any HP at all. So just keep that in mind.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Default RE: How much horsepower does a 1.5 liter have in a honda civic straight from japan?

what would i have to change and how many horses would i have if i bored it to a 1.6 or a 1.8 liter and did a port and polish with header and magnaflow exhaust ?

Old 08-30-2007, 07:32 PM
HCF Member

Boost adds horsepower. Bolt ons are a waste.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:05 PM

bolt ons arent a waste. performance is performance no matter how small
and header and exhaust helps with fuel mileage

Old 08-30-2007, 10:00 PM

actually no they dont help. they make gas mileage worse.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:37 PM
HCF Member

OMG, someone kill this thread right now before it turns into another "yeah they do" "no they dont" thread. PLEASE?!?!?!?!?! LOL

[sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif]

Old 08-31-2007, 12:07 AM
HCF Member

[sm=shootshoot.gif] there i tryed...

are u sure ur honda is japanese.. cause most the hondas in the us are made from canada..at least mine was... if ur trying to be this all around racer then u might wanna invest ur money wisely in to a turbo or supercharger set up
a b16 or 18 engine.. and a b20 block.. do a b20-vtec conversion and then build ur engine just a lil bit.. ull be pushing somewhere near 350 whp...
but thats just my suggestion.... a short ram intake and exhaust is like giving a bumble bee speed and pissing him off...

Old 08-31-2007, 06:16 AM

ORIGINAL: alextoader

actually no they dont help. they make gas mileage worse.
care to explain why? instead of just saying they make it worse you should explain your reasoning

Old 08-31-2007, 08:02 AM
HCF Member

i'd say its cause you hear the sound, and begin to drive more aggresivly, and such... not driving conservativly and slowly(like how you might have been doing before), to make it worse consumption than before

really its not a whole lot it saves... it *might* save near 1 mpg...

buuut back on topic

Quick Reply: How much horsepower does a 1.5 liter have in a honda civic straight from japan?