General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

How much is a pretty mint 1982 Honda Civic worth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Default How much is a pretty mint 1982 Honda Civic worth?

I have a pretty mint 1982 honda civic that I'm thinking about putting up for sale.

Any idea what it's worth?

Here's what it looks like

thanks
john

Old 01-25-2013, 04:52 PM
HCF Member

The Video not working says this video is private.
So can't help you without seeing it. Sorry

Old 01-26-2013, 05:14 AM
Default NEW video

Sorry try this

Old 01-26-2013, 02:10 PM
HCF Member

Thanks for the video. I don't think you can call it mint. But it is a very nice survivor in collector car terms.
To make it mint I saw seats that need some attention & a few body things. Is that rust in the engine compartment? What about the under carriage & rust? Mint condition is basically showroom new condition.
What are you thinking you want for it? The problem is the Honda is not really a collector car except to maybe a very small group of Honda die-hards.
To me it isn't worth much, but to someone it may very well be. The thing anybody that is hoping to restore or collect a car is rust & undercarriage etc. Since this is an east coast car. Then the documentation, how much of that do you have?
I'm only trying to explain things from a collectors view. One of my very good friends is a big collector car guy. He use to do Carlisle, & Hersey, PA & meets along with with west coast show & swap meets buying & sell in the 70-80s. So I even today spend a fair amount of time with him at car shows etc. So I'm fairly well versed on things collectors look at & for.
But as for a value I'm sure it is worth more to you than most people out here in internet land. Put a price on it & see what reactions you get here. But your basically in a young peoples forum. This is a great Civic forum with some real knowledgeable people. But most are young & doing the things young people do & collecting older Honda's is most likely not one of them. Also try craigslist & Ebay. Start high you can always come down. Its better to drop the price than leave money on the table.
I hope I have given you a few thoughts & ideas. I'm only trying to share my years of experience, because I'm one of the older members I'm a ways into my 60s.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:10 AM
HCF Member

I generally agree with this guy who posted above.

It's a cool little car, in great condition, but not mint.
That rust spot on the hood - wtf? How do you get rust on your hood like that? I don't even know.

The car was a bit dirty, especially the driver's area, but not a big deal. The engine bay looked fine to me. You might want to have it detailed or something if you wanted to sell it for higher dollar.

A car like this might fetch $5,000 or so. But try eBay, you might be surprised.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:01 PM
HCF Member

WOW.. haven't seen one of those since high school, not mint, but it's in cherry condition in my book..