General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I do not know.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 06:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: I do not know.

if there is one thing i hate the most, is when people diss civics. I sold my camaro for a civic, even though I use to be the dumb guy who always had to say something about how lame civics are. They aren't lame. One of the nicest cars ive driven. I had a few choices, and one of them was a VW Jetta, but I have to just go with the civic, because it will definitely last me longer.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:30 AM
HCF Member

The motor is a B20B4 block and a B16a Vtec head the tranny is GSR ,ACT extreme clutch, DC Sport header,Apexi Exhaust,B&M Short shift,ITR cams.ITR Intake manifold,AEM Cold Air Intake ITR injectors,AEM.cam gears, STR fuel rail, AEM fuel pressure regulator ,Greddy oil catch can,New Excel 16 in rims and New tires I have neuspeed race springs and new lower control arms not installed Cadillac CTS orange . How does this sound guys? It is 4500. And I like it. P.S. I put the picture in the main post.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:22 PM
HCF Member

not too bad for that price, but make sure he has the paperwork... also carfax it! (cant stress enough)

Old 09-13-2007, 03:21 PM
HCF Member

not bad, not bad at all. I REALLY like it. Test drive it, and make sure you get it looked at by someone who knows enough about cars, remember, dont do a major without a minor!

Old 09-13-2007, 03:57 PM
HCF Member

I talked to the person selling it and talked down from 5500. I also am having him save it for me untill I research it more. It has power nothing, and I am carfaxing it. Also he has dyno sheets putting this at 170 hp. Do you guys think I should get it, the carfax is clean. I also really, really like it.

Old 09-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Recognized HCF Member

if you realy realy like it and it looks all good and runs good id say go for it.....
sounds good to me as long as it all works right....
and get as much info as ya can about the car cause after you hand over that cash most likely ya wont get any responces if ya have anymore questions.LOL

and write it all down!

Old 09-13-2007, 04:31 PM
HCF Member

Yeah I am e-mailing the guy and I am saving all of the e-mails. Because they have various q&a's. I think I am going to get this car. Also I am making money to buy anything in the future, if anything wears out, by scrapping metal. It is hard work but the pay is good. Especially with copper being $3.50 a pound. Today I worked 2 hours and made $200. It is sweet.

Old 09-13-2007, 04:54 PM
HCF Member

I added some engine pictures for you guys to look at. It may not be spotless but I think all around it looks alright. Although if I get it I will repaint that teal color inside the hood.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:44 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: bigolsackapoo

I am not sure what kind of car to buy as my first car. Although I know I want a civic and I dont want a sedan. So what would you guys recomend? I would prefer hatchback, but I heard that that from 98 back they dont have power windows, locks, seats, air conditioning, and I have even heard that some do not have power steering. First of all is this even true? Second of all; what would you guys recomend as a first car? Third of all; I do not want it to be a dog, and eventually I would like to supe it up. And finally; I would appreciate feedback. Thanks for your time.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24979/6666460F20784B37902093F549FBD954.jpg[/IMG]
Do some research of photos to find the body style you like the best. Then shop for cars with most of the features you want. PW, PL, PS, AC, and cruise can all be added later if you really want it. Motors, trannies, and rear discscan be swapped. An EX modelis generallygonna be pretty loaded thoughand the modern ones have VTEC while still getting decent mileage. An Si will have even better performance, but often sacrifices a bit of mileage to do it.

For fewer operating problems, test-drive, check compression, inspect the electrical for function and neatness,watch for fluids leaking/burning, and ask to see receipts of a recent timing belt.

I'd look for something with a straight unibody and no rust. Everything else can be replaced if you really have to, but a crooked or rotted frame will never be quite right.