General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

iam new but can anyone answer my question i have a b16a in my ef and its almost done i took it to a

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 05:07 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: iam new but can anyone answer my question i have a b16a in my ef and its almost done i took it t

so anyways whats actualy going on with the motor? is the CEL Check Engine Light lite up in the dash?
and it doesnt run very smooth at all?

Old 01-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Default RE: iam new but can anyone answer my question i have a b16a in my ef and its almost done i took it t

well when i put the motor in it had a dizzy code and it had a code saying that the number one pistion wasent at tdc. i guess it wasent timed right. does the dizzy have anything to do with the fuel injector lol i dont know. but when i had my old dizzy on it ran like **** it took for ever to start i had to turn it over forever before it started so i got a new dizzy and i put it in and it started right up it sounds good but when i rev it up it backfires alittle could it be because of the plugs been fouled out let me know what you think

Old 01-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Recognized HCF Member

How old is the timing belt in your new engine? Might it have slipped a tooth?

Otherwise, sounds like your engine timing wasn't set to specification after replacing the distributor. Here's how you properly set the timing:

Old 01-20-2008, 02:04 PM

the timing belt is brand new i got it when i put the motor. thanks for the diagram i will ask my mechanic to check the timing. he started it in front of me and it started right up souded good to. but when he reved it up it backfired he told me it was because of the plugs being fouled. could it be that.i will ask him to put it on the dyno to see what it does thanks for the diagram agian man

Old 01-20-2008, 02:10 PM

it ran like crap with the old dizzy on it so i got a new one after i put it on it fired right up. my mechanic told me the old dizzy wasent getting any injecto pulse thats why i got a knew one he also told me the me he ran a heat gun over it and the number one cylinder wasent getting hot like the other ones i dont know what that means i asked him is it the piston rings he said no its prob because of its been sittin for awhile but ill talk to him about it and get back at you guys thanks for everything

Old 01-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: joshhondacivic
... but when he reved it up it backfired he told me it was because of the plugs being fouled. could it be that...
Fouled plugs could indeed cause misfiring. But the question is why did the plugs foul? Did you put new plugs and plug wires in the replacement engine? If so, given that you recently replaced the distributor, I suspect that the plugs may have fouled because the timing is off.

Old 01-20-2008, 04:04 PM

yeah and it was takeng forever to start i cranked it over forever before i t started so i guess thats how they fouled it was getting to much fuel. hey ronj what kind of car do u have man. you have been alott of help lol it makes since know yes before i started it i put knew plugs and wires in it and it set for awhile and when i took it to the mechanic he told me they where fouled i also dont have the downpipe gasket because i have a rsr header on my car and the gasket is hard as **** to get do you know where i can geet one