General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Interference engine

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 01:36 AM
Default RE: Interference engine

Deffinatly wouldnt say its easy but its not crazy hard either. Just make sure you know what TDC is and how to find it.

and yes I am pushing it wayyyyyyyyyy to much.

I work on cars all day though so on my day off i hate to do reapirs, especially with the Lancer sitten right there wanting to be driven, abused, tuned, washed, and modded some more so we can start all over again..

Old 08-11-2005, 11:05 AM

So really you're secretly hoping your belt break and it ruins your Civi so you can get a new one to play with...

Old 08-11-2005, 02:27 PM

^ i feel the same way... workin on cars all day, just to go home and work on more cars.

Old 08-11-2005, 03:48 PM

I feel the opposite.........not workin on cars all day, I'd like to go home and work on one.

Old 08-12-2005, 02:06 PM
HCF Member

This thread reminds me... I need to get that timing belt done....[sm=bangbang.gif]

Old 08-23-2005, 12:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Hondaconomy

If the water pump goes bad does the timing belt go bad? My current car is a Dodge Neon, so I am scared as hell about buying a new car that has an interference engine.. Are these cars really as reliblae as everyone says they are?
Wait, let me get this straight: you own a Neon and you're scared of buying a Honda because you don't know how reliable they are??? That's a new one...

Old 08-23-2005, 04:03 PM

My current car is a Dodge Neon, so I am scared as hell about buying a new car that has an interference engine.. Are these cars really as reliblae as everyone says they are?
IMO a Neon is only a step above a Lada or a Yugo. A Honda is one of the top most reliable cars on the market.

Old 08-23-2005, 05:47 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: neon3kgt

^ i feel the same way... workin on cars all day, just to go home and work on more cars.
me too---people always ask me if i do work on the side ? [sm=laughat.gif][sm=forgetit.gif]

Old 08-23-2005, 07:15 PM

are you serious i haven't heard of anythink out lasting a honda the day i bought mine a guy was getting his car tuned or some trash and he said to me you'll never need another car his car had 340,XXX miles on it it was a 1992 accord i think

If the water pump goes bad does the timing belt go bad? My current car is a Dodge Neon, so I am scared as hell about buying a new car that has an interference engine.. Are these cars really as reliblae as everyone says they are?

Old 08-23-2005, 07:37 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kappa22

Wait, let me get this straight: you own a Neon and you're scared of buying a Honda because you don't know how reliable they are??? That's a new one...
i was thinking the exact same thing.[&:]

Quick Reply: Interference engine