General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Intrest in allwheel drive system from Japan.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Default Intrest in allwheel drive system from Japan.

Hello all,

I was talking to my brother who moved over to Sapporo about 5 months ago. He's there for the long haul as his wife is from there.

He was telling me that just about everyone in the upper region of Japan has a 4wheel drive car or suv.

He has a junk yard a couple of blocks down from were he lives that have the whole drive train that he say's will bolt into a 2000 and earlier civic.He is going to check it out further once he's back in Japan

He has dealt with importing items into Japan for the company business and thought that this system might be something that some people might want to do.

I'm just checking out this site to gauge what sort of interest there would be for this type of system.

Just think about being able to use all the power after you have built your motor instead of just spinning the front tires?

I'm an Audi guy so having a quattro I know what it's like to have the ability to put the power to the ground and not just spinning the tires.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:16 PM
HCF Member

LOL.
Name:  cool_story_bro.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  51.6 KB
What vehicle is that "system" from?
lol

Old 02-21-2011, 08:36 PM
HCF Member

uh, yeah... I'd love to know what it's out of. ????

Old 02-22-2011, 04:28 AM

Most 4wd swaps are hard to do. You have to swap gas tanks to allow for the differential and drive shaft, for example. Many of these swaps are not worth it, cost wise. That said, I believe there IS a market for that here. And it would be nice to see some of these parts imported. The guys over at honda-tech would love it.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:10 AM

Glad you liked the story DaOne. Please don't confuse me with some we little one who has just started out with cars. I've been at it a long time just not to much with the Honda marque. So if you are trying to be a comedian you failed miserably.

Thank you wellfedhobo for the information. I will check the site out to see if they would be interested. I know most swaps like this are not very cost effective if there is an abundant supply already here. Seeing that you don't see a whole lot of civics with all wheel drive, my brother thought it might be a worth while project.