General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

man i love pull a part junk yard!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LOL if the doors are stuck just pull the fenders and hinges and rip off the door panels
not great for the latch but for the lock its fine.... the platic lock mechanism is mounted on the bottom but really its probably busted if the door is damaged.... tho id think a civic door lock would be the same. it might be..... go run some part numbers at a dealership

Old 10-21-2008, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
LOL if the doors are stuck just pull the fenders and hinges and rip off the door panels
not great for the latch but for the lock its fine.... the platic lock mechanism is mounted on the bottom but really its probably busted if the door is damaged.... tho id think a civic door lock would be the same. it might be..... go run some part numbers at a dealership
very true, the exterior door handles are identical to a 92-95 civic
do the aftermarket door lock actuators work well?
if so i'll probably just get some of those whenever I ever get around to it. What inspired me to want to install them is that my car came with new(er) door panels in the trunk when I bought it, and I swapped those in the day I got it, and these door panels have the OEM lock switch built in, but since I don't have power locks i just left it unhooked in the back. I figured since some of the work is already done for me (the part I'm not good at... making it look professional) i'd look into converting.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Recognized HCF Member

as long as you get some good lock motors it should work good. just be sure to oil up all the pivot points before puting the panels back on i was going to do my 96dx with them BUT i just paid for some OEM lock and latches off ebay for it. now i just have to instal and wire them up sometime.
ive already got the locks and latches, and even some door looms to use to run the new wires. i just need to wire them up and use some relays and switches.
you could always look for a door lock for a 92-95civic passenger door and try it out.... worst part abotu adding locks and such to manual doors is you have to do some custom wiring... the harness uses a plug and not just a loom of wires. so be prepared...

Old 10-21-2008, 06:07 PM
HCF Member

I have to fix my broken lock as well, it sounds like its gonna be a blast.lol yeeeeaaaaa!!!!

Old 10-21-2008, 06:09 PM

sorry to continue to thread jack
but do you have any idea why I wouldn't be able to open the passenger door from the outside? the handle doesn't do anything anymore, but the lock and everything functions and the inside handle works

Old 10-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Recognized HCF Member

the rod might have poped off or the clip holding the rod on broke off. pretty small.
removing the door latches/locks is very easy. just pull the door panel and with the window rolled up remove the rear window track to be able to pull the latch assembly.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:17 PM
HCF Member

In case its not the same which it probably is get a hanes manual. It will show you what to do, Its become my bible. lol
Anyways I'm going to pick a part again soon, so I'll let you know if I see any 99-00 civics.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:06 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
sorry to continue to thread jack
but do you have any idea why I wouldn't be able to open the passenger door from the outside? the handle doesn't do anything anymore, but the lock and everything functions and the inside handle works
It is probably the white plastic clip on the inside of the door panel that is broken.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:09 PM

i'll check it out next time i have time
for now i've been putting it off... drivers side works normal. lol

Old 10-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Angry Admin

why cant i find anything like this near me =[ stupid pennsylvania

Quick Reply: man i love pull a part junk yard!